Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

261 - 280 of 334 Posts

·
Я - Ребен&#108
2016 ZX10R Race & 2016 ZX10R Street
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
One benefit the AIM dash do have is the track GPS with track maps. Not sure if the Kaw has that option. I think BMW and R1M has the track maps on them. No more need for a laptimer.
Also wish the Kaw TFT allowed custom dash intro graphics. Minor I know, but once you know it can be done.... you want it all lol.

·
Registered
18 zx10r
541 Posts
One benefit the AIM dash do have is the track GPS with track maps. Not sure if the Kaw has that option. I think BMW and R1M has the track maps on them. No more need for a laptimer.
Also wish the Kaw TFT allowed custom dash intro graphics. Minor I know, but once you know it can be done.... you want it all lol.
Maybe the feature will be available with the ZX10RR or race spec ECU.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
I'm actually surprised at all the bikes people have already. Kawasaki wait a long time this go round to unveil the bike, and shipping was/is fast.

Reactions: jd41

·
Registered
134 Posts
I watched some videos of 650ib and I have to say I am surprised how it performs even in stock form considering its ECU being restricted. So, new gears and new sprockets do work pretty well. It looks like completely different bike in roll-ons with very strong mids. I like that.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
Hey, so is this officially called a Gen 6 ?

Did/Do FC-Tune offer adjustment to Traction Control via gear?
Who do you guys think will have the first flash hardware for sale? Woolich or FC-Tune ?
Lastly, anyone see who have race fairings completed for this bike yet?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,977 Posts
First post? Is that you on the new Gen 6? If so, congrats on the new bike! It's nice to see them out in the wild so early!

The lead-in graphics of that video were really nicely done! After that, the other 12 minutes of that video was a complete waste of Internet bandwidth.

Reactions: trebor27

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,977 Posts
Hey, so is this officially called a Gen 6 ?

Did/Do FC-Tune offer adjustment to Traction Control via gear?
Who do you guys think will have the first flash hardware for sale? Woolich or FC-Tune ?
Lastly, anyone see who have race fairings completed for this bike yet?
Yes, it's a Gen 6. The changes are significant enough to qualify for that designation. While it's similar, I does change enough to be visually distinctive from the other versions. So G6 it is.

As far as the flashing goes, it will really depend on how quickly they can parse through the BIN file and relate it to the Gen 5. I'm betting Woolich will hit it first with FTECU not far behind. Whether or not there's anything more available for settings things, we'll have to wait and see. I would expect that the software isn't significantly different so if it's not available on the Gen 5 it likely won't be anything available on this one either.

·
Registered
3 Posts
First post? Is that you on the new Gen 6? If so, congrats on the new bike! It's nice to see them out in the wild so early!

The lead-in graphics of that video were really nicely done! After that, the other 12 minutes of that video was a complete waste of Internet bandwidth.
Yes its me and 650ib both on our Gen 6 bikes. Thanks for your feedback but somethings aren't meant for everyone. Sometimes we watch or read something that doesn't interest us and think it was a waste when really it just wasn't meant for us and thats understandable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, it's a Gen 6. The changes are significant enough to qualify for that designation. While it's similar, I does change enough to be visually distinctive from the other versions. So G6 it is.

As far as the flashing goes, it will really depend on how quickly they can parse through the BIN file and relate it to the Gen 5. I'm betting Woolich will hit it first with FTECU not far behind. Whether or not there's anything more available for settings things, we'll have to wait and see. I would expect that the software isn't significantly different so if it's not available on the Gen 5 it likely won't be anything available on this one either.
The new ECU has a different processor than previous models and it causing them some problems but last I talked with the guys at Woolich they have been actively working on getting it done but no timetable. So we could be a year out still with no flash like the 2020 R1 or we may get lucky. Hopefully were on the lucky side

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #273
The new ECU has a different processor than previous models and it causing them some problems but last I talked with the guys at Woolich they have been actively working on getting it done but no timetable. So we could be a year out still with no flash like the 2020 R1 or we may get lucky. Hopefully were on the lucky side
I was just talking to a shop last night and they said the same thing....no time soon they believe.
Thanks, keep us posted if you find more info on the different companies that create flash tuning products.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Honda. Kawa. Yamaha and no flash. Interesting this new thech

Enviado desde mi POCO F2 Pro mediante Tapatalk

·
Я - Ребен&#108
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #276
I do not know how I went from "This shit is horrible...I am not buying one" to "OMG this is the meanest, best looking ZX10R ever...take my money now !!!"
smh lol.
I will be slapping some coremoto wheels on it tho...

·
Registered
830 Posts
Do the black set.

Anodized wheels are a little tricker to clean than powdercoated. I use Pledge on mine.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I wonder how much weight saving on those coremoto...

Enviado desde mi POCO F2 Pro mediante Tapatalk

261 - 280 of 334 Posts