Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a 2021 ZX10R ABS my first 1000
Been riding a 2016 Zx6R for a few years.
Sending out for flash, bike already has rear delete, M4 exhaust

I see some people convert the electronic damper to a manual.
Anything thing I should know, change or fix?

Thanks for any feedback.

· Registered
31 Posts
Besides the flash/exhaust i think this bike is pretty good the way it comes. A lot of mods you do are just gonna be personal preference on how you like the bike to be.
I think the stock damper works fine provided you have the suspension setup right.
Personally i’ve got:

Vortex Rearsets (For adjustability and GP shift)
TST ind Low plate mount/fender elim + rear tail light
Ebay stealth mirrors
NRC front turn signals
ASV Shorty levers
Sc Projects Sc1-r exhaust (Had the CR-T, but it was too loud)
Tech Specs Tank grips
Woolich Box + o2 Sensor

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Besides the flash/exhaust i think this bike is pretty good the way it comes. A lot of mods you do are just gonna be personal preference on how you like the bike to be.
I think the stock damper works fine provided you have the suspension setup right.
Personally i’ve got:

Vortex Rearsets (For adjustability and GP shift)
TST ind Low plate mount/fender elim + rear tail light
Ebay stealth mirrors
NRC front turn signals
ASV Shorty levers
Sc Projects Sc1-r exhaust (Had the CR-T, but it was too loud)
Tech Specs Tank grips
Woolich Box + o2 Sensor
Awesome, just ordered the ASV levers, tank grip and rear sets.
what stealth mirrors do you have? I had a set on my zx6 and they were useless, couldn't see anything.

· Registered
31 Posts
Awesome, just ordered the ASV levers, tank grip and rear sets.
what stealth mirrors do you have? I had a set on my zx6 and they were useless, couldn't see anything.
Nice! A few things to note, the vortex rearsets are technically made for the 16-20 models and are only configurable in the GP shift pattern on the 21+ zx-10r . The normal shift pattern comes with different parts that i don’t believe are compatible with it. Also on the right the rear brake reservoir attaches to the rearset on the 21+ model and to the frame on the 16-20, meaning the rear brake res will have no place to attach with the new rearsets. Personally i just made a bracket that attaches onto the new rearsets. If any of this is an issue i would cancel the order and go with the woodcrafts or lightechs as those are actually made for our bike lol.

Also the tank grips can be a bit iffy and may peel off a bit since the tank is pretty curvy, I used a little bit of black RTV in the spots it peeled back and kept it in place with duct tape till it dried, Perfect fix.

The stealth mirrors are rizoma knock offs i found on ebay. And no i can’t see anything out of them lol but they look cool so what else really matters

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice! A few things to note, the vortex rearsets are technically made for the 16-20 models and are only configurable in the GP shift pattern on the 21+ zx-10r . The normal shift pattern comes with different parts that i don’t believe are compatible with it. Also on the right the rear brake reservoir attaches to the rearset on the 21+ model and to the frame on the 16-20, meaning the rear brake res will have no place to attach with the new rearsets. Personally i just made a bracket that attaches onto the new rearsets. If any of this is an issue i would cancel the order and go with the woodcrafts or lightechs as those are actually made for our bike lol.

Also the tank grips can be a bit iffy and may peel off a bit since the tank is pretty curvy, I used a little bit of black RTV in the spots it peeled back and kept it in place with duct tape till it dried, Perfect fix.

The stealth mirrors are rizoma knock offs i found on ebay. And no i can’t see anything out of them lol but they look cool so what else really matters
I have a set of Aashri eBay rear sets on my zx6, I just replaced all the bolts with good quality stainless and they are actually really good at a fraction of the price.
I might have to see if that’s an option if the vortex doesn’t work. Been debating going GP.
I used flex seal on my other tank pads, worked.
Thanks so much for the help!

· Registered
1 Posts
Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R is equipped with KQS (Kawasaki Quick Shifter) that allows the rider to make upshifts without rolling off the throttle or engaging the clutch, and the rider can turn off the above system also.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts