Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am new to the community. I just bought a 2021 ZX-10R and finshed about 650kms of break-in. Loving the motorcycle. Haven't had a chance to fo Full Power mode yet, hoping to hit that milestone soon. This is my 1st litre class, upgraded from a Honda CBR250R. Attached a picture of the motorcycle. Keen to a learn a lot from the community.

Cheers,
Vaibhav

AK_buildings.jpg

·
Registered
45 Posts
Congrats on the new pickup

Great bike, but a major step up from the 250

Treat it with respect and it will do you no harm

Enjoy it

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Rock and Roll, thats looking nice there. You need to respect a litre but no need to fear it! Track days or advanced road training will help you get settled on her. Getting the bike professionally set up for you is a big step forward before you bother about power modes or exhaust, engine up grades tuning etc.

·
Registered
286 Posts
interesting paint. not the same as North America that i have seen
ya different regions sometimes have different paint schemes.... i know the gen5 over here in thailand only had green up until 2020, we didnt have the previous black/red option that was available in the US.... they did an all black for 2020 but not sure anyone is buying them, were still waiting for 2021 here

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats on the new pickup

Great bike, but a major step up from the 250

Treat it with respect and it will do you no harm

Enjoy it
Thank you. Yes. I was very scared to ride the motorcycle back home from the showroom, but once I got on with it, the motorcycle felt really comfortable, and maybe I was a bit lucky there but it felt like home the very moment I took off. I was very happy. I am for now very religiously sticking to the 4000 - 6000 rev limits prescribed in the manual, more for me to get used to the bike. The lockdown is another thing, unable to spend as much time as I would want riding the bike.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rock and Roll, thats looking nice there. You need to respect a litre but no need to fear it! Track days or advanced road training will help you get settled on her. Getting the bike professionally set up for you is a big step forward before you bother about power modes or exhaust, engine up grades tuning etc.
Thank you.

Could you please elaborate "getting the bike professionally set up"? Does that mean tuning the suspension for my weight/riding style? Thanks again!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to the forum, grats on the new 10R, looks great !
Thank you so much! The bike was open for booking in India on the 16th of April, and I booked this color scheme the very moment I saw it. This scheme I think is only available in UK, EU, Asia and Australia, but I wish they had it around the world.

The bike has a few interesting features, recording riding logs for one. Do check out my video on YouTube, would love to hear your inputs on my riding style and improve on feedback.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
interesting paint. not the same as North America that i have seen
Yes, I only saw this paint scheme in UK, EU, Asia and Australia so far, the North America has the KRT green and the gloss black schemes. I wish they had all the 3 available around the world.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Thank you.

Could you please elaborate "getting the bike professionally set up"? Does that mean tuning the suspension for my weight/riding style? Thanks again!
Yes buddy get somebody to set all just right for you. Proper suspension set up will improve steering braking and even balance. Just a click or 2 here and there makes a big difference

·
Registered
724 Posts
What's that attachment that you have bridging between the mirrors?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts