Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any suggestions or know of any companies making an exhaust for the 2021. I can’t find any slip on that will fit. I bought a Brock’s alien head 3/4 exhaust hoping it would fit but no go. Please help. I need a little noise so other cars in traffic can hear me.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,389 Posts
It's too new. Companies are still trying to design and market them after they can get a bike themselves test. You can't find any right now because they aren't out there yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Arrow is making some slip-ons which look good. I am not sure about distrubutor of the states, but italian sellers usually can sell at reasonable price.

·
Administrator
6,726 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
I’m having same issue. Nothing available. Only thing I was told was that m4 may have stuff available in two weeks but I wouldn’t hold my breath

·
Registered
15 Posts
Is that a full exhaust ?
Yes, (stainless steel) while it is from a gen 5, if you look on the akra website. Its a lot lighter(11.9) than the stainless steel that was designed for the gen 6(14.7lbs). The titanium akra that was designed for the 2021 (11.2 lbs) compared the the previous generation that says its (8.6 lbs)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Yes, (stainless steel) while it is from a gen 5, if you look on the akra website. Its a lot lighter(11.9) than the stainless steel that was designed for the gen 6(14.7lbs). The titanium akra that was designed for the 2021 (11.2 lbs) compared the the previous generation that says its (8.6 lbs)
i wonder if they forgot to include something in the weight measurements or its just a much lighter/smaller canister.... how else can you explain the weight difference, assuming they use the same thickness of tubing, the length is about the same, therefore the weight should be about the same... you cant just magically lose weight from the same amount of material.

·
Registered
293 Posts
i wonder if they forgot to include something in the weight measurements or its just a much lighter/smaller canister.... how else can you explain the weight difference, assuming they use the same thickness of tubing, the length is about the same, therefore the weight should be about the same... you cant just magically lose weight from the same amount of material.
ah nevermind i see now its a totally different canister for the 2021 vs 16-20... it must have less metal/material inside so it weighs less.

·
Registered
15 Posts
ah nevermind i see now its a totally different canister for the 2021 vs 16-20... it must have less metal/material inside so it weighs less.
Yeah unless the power difference is a lot different I’d just go with the 16-20 akra. My stainless steel exhaust is about the same weight as the new titanium exhaust, weird.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah unless the power difference is a lot different I’d just go with the 16-20 akra. My stainless steel exhaust is about the same weight as the new titanium exhaust, weird.
Does the older exhaust fit stock or did it require some modification?

I have seen posts claiming the older exhausts did not

·
Registered
293 Posts
sometimes they make mistakes... for instance they might have weighed the old setup without the brackets or something

otherwise it must mean the new canister is heavier... its also not as pretty as the older one, so even if weight was the same id go for the gen5

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does the 2020 zx10r exhaust fit the 2021 zx10r?

·
Registered
ZX10RR
359 Posts
Does the 2020 zx10r exhaust fit the 2021 zx10r?
From what ive read, you could put a 2020 full system in the 2021 yes. You cannot mix parts tho, if you keep the 2021 mainfold, you need 2021 aftermarket parts

·
Registered
5 Posts
From what ive read, you could put a 2020 full system in the 2021 yes. You cannot mix parts tho, if you keep the 2021 mainfold, you need 2021 aftermarket parts
So any gen 5 full system will work? Do i need to worry about the oil cooler hitting?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Okay. So I went with the m4 slip on until the Brock’s is released for the 21. What is everyone doing about fuel management? I don’t see a PCV on their website and nobody can flash the ecu yet

1 - 20 of 24 Posts