Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I have a Gen 6 ZX-10R ABS and I am trying to bypass the ABS function for track use. I purchased the abs dongle canceller from Kawasaki.com but I cannot figure out where to plug it in at. The part # is 13159-0023. I have confirmed this part number is accurate. I have searched YouTube but it only shows instructions on how to install it on the Gen 5’s which is located under the passenger seat on the right side of the bike. This is NOT the case on the new Gen 6 machines. I have called 17 Kawi dealers and nobody seems to know where it plugs in at. I have torn the back half of the bike apart and I still cannot figure out where it goes.

I have tried plugging it in at the abs module on the left side of the bike where your knee rests but nope, doesn’t go there either. I have tried a few plugs towards the front of the bike but cannot find one that fits this dongle.

Has anyone else successfully used this dongle on their Gen 6 ZX-10R? If so, can you please tell me where it goes? I don’t get updates on here much so call or text would be great! 731-333-4398. I am so confused right now and need your help, please.

·
Registered
2017 ZX6R KRT Edition (no longer), 2022 ZX10R and KRT Edition (daily)
9 Posts
Kawasaki engineers confirmed today on the phone that it REQUIRES THE RACE HARNESS AND ALL ACCESSORIES. Believe me, I’m beyond upset as I told the dealer i stunt my bikes and they basically said “well you took it home so we won’t help you…it was your choice”

·
Registered
960 Posts
Kawasaki engineers confirmed today on the phone that it REQUIRES THE RACE HARNESS AND ALL ACCESSORIES. Believe me, I’m beyond upset as I told the dealer i stunt my bikes and they basically said “well you took it home so we won’t help you…it was your choice”
Could that just be engineer speak for:

a) "We only tell you the official story to avoid any ABS related liability." or,
b) "We want to profit off the sale of a race harness and accessories."

·
Registered
9 Posts
Could that just be engineer speak for:

a) "We only tell you the official story to avoid any ABS related liability." or,
b) "We want to profit off the sale of a race harness and accessories."
No, because when I was waiting for paperwork during the sale I called and asked the same question and was very adamant that if it wasn’t something I could use on the bike the way it comes from the dealer…I wouldn’t buy the bike. Corporate told me “it says it’s compatible and does NOT require the harness/etc”. Then after 2 weeks of not calling/emailing me back for follow up as promised…i get the bs statement in the op”. They even confirmed my original call and only said “well we aren’t the dealer so you’ll have to figure it out with them”. And of course the dealer is all “well we have so many machines we can’t possibly know everything about them….that’s a parts/service issue”

And for the record…when I bought my 2017 zx6r new from a different dealer in 2018, kawasaki USA site offered the service manual in BOTH paper and pdf formats. Now not only can I NOT get a pdf format for my 22 zx10r but they discontinued the pdf format for my 636 too! “We never offered pdf formats for service manuals”. You bet your ass I called them out on yet another lie.

Who has a good lawyer? Because I was lied to by kawasaki usa about the sale of my 25,000 bike purchase.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just buy an ABS delete from ftecu or i2m
Just checked out I2M's site and they show a dongle for 200 euro for the '21-'22. My assumption, based on lack of others' responses, is that nobody has done this yet. I'll be going this route once I verify with them there is nothing special about the US Gen6 and that I am guaranteed for it to work. Anybody know a US-based dealer that is responsive? I don't see the product in the retail stores so I need to either find someone Stateside that will order it, or order it right from I2M directly.

EDIT: Nix this idea, Kawi does seem to offer a solution for FAR less $. I suspect the difference is the ability to eliminate all the hardware. For now and for me, who uses the 10R street and track, I'll try out the Kawi option. Thanks to @Larrylee112 for finding that option.

EDIT 2: Ordered the Kawi one. As soon as its in I'll get it onto the bike and post some pics for those unsure about where it goes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just checked out I2M's site and they show a dongle for 200 euro for the '21-'22. My assumption, based on lack of others' responses, is that nobody has done this yet. I'll be going this route once I verify with them there is nothing special about the US Gen6 and that I am guaranteed for it to work. Anybody know a US-based dealer that is responsive? I don't see the product in the retail stores so I need to either find someone Stateside that will order it, or order it right from I2M directly.

EDIT: Nix this idea, Kawi does seem to offer a solution for FAR less $. I suspect the difference is the ability to eliminate all the hardware. For now and for me, who uses the 10R street and track, I'll try out the Kawi option. Thanks to @Larrylee112 for finding that option.

EDIT 2: Ordered the Kawi one. As soon as its in I'll get it onto the bike and post some pics for those unsure about where it goes.
Again, the dongle from kawasaki does NOT work on the gen6. They removed the plug for it and now require the race harness/ecu setup. Otherwise state what you’ve found vs being super secret

·
Registered
34 Posts
No secrets, I prefer to hold companies accountable for their claims. Hopefully you didn't infer I was calling you a liar or anything. Opened a new thread for feedback on Gen5, still pursuing the Kawi option. I2M is worst-case scenario for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts