Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone with their 2021's heard some sort of a ticking noise coming from their engine. Most notable around lower rpm's. I have read that previous Generation have had problems with the cct (camshaft chain tensioner) I was just curious if anyone else has been hearing the same noise.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,705 Posts
Congrats on being a Kawasaki Owner for the first time!

Stop worrying about any "ticking" going on with it. If you don't have more than 5,000 miles on it and it sounds worse than this, then just ride it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats on being a Kawasaki Owner for the first time!

Stop worrying about any "ticking" going on with it. If you don't have more than 5,000 miles on it and it sounds worse than this, then just ride it.
Worse than what?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,705 Posts
Worse than what?
Worse than this. The English translation for that would be - "Now." "Worse than it is right now." "Worse than this right now". "If it doesn't get any worse than this right now".

Handwriting Yellow Emoticon Fruit Font

• Haha
Reactions: trebor27

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone with their 2021's heard some sort of a ticking noise coming from their engine. Most notable around lower rpm's. I have read that previous Generation have had problems with the cct (camshaft chain tensioner) I was just curious if anyone else has been hearing the same noise.
its a normal sound the only time you should be concerned about it is if it gets more noticeable in higher rpms the yamaha R6 is another sportbike that does this and its so common its just known as the yamaha tick

1 - 7 of 7 Posts