41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
18 zx10r
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
An update on COTA.

Final Two Rounds Of MotoAmerica Superbike Series To Feature Three Races

Due to COVID-19 and the uncertainty of the Circuit of The Americas round of its 2021 series, MotoAmerica, the premier motorcycle road racing series in North America, has announced it will add a third HONOS Superbike race to the final two rounds of the championship at New Jersey Motorsports Park (September 10-12) and Barber Motorsports Park (September 17-19).

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
So it looks like we won't be seeing Brandon Paasch on MotoAmerica grid this year, as he's off to BSB to race on a Triumph. Good on him, as it's better to be developing in Europe for any young racer but I'll say it was so good to have him racing on home soil in 2020.

Seems like Aguilar will be moving up to Superbike this year on an R1, largely supported by Attack and Westby. A nice change there.

A little strange to see that SDK hasn't announced his plans for 2021--although from his social media, he's been training on his M4 GSX600R in SoCal. I don't believe that bike is an actual M4 supersport bike--rather it's just a basic track bike with M4 bodywork and M4 team isn't there to run it. That said, since he's continuing to fly the M4 flag, things are pointing in the direction of SDK being back on M4 bike this year but we won't know until it's official.

Seems like Bobby Fong is training hard with Hayes and co., so he's clearly got some plans lined up but is also quiet on the particulars. Will it be Petersen and Fong on M4 superbikes? It all depends on how much sponsor money each rider will be able to bring to the team. I bet that's why M4 team has been so quiet.
for you to ride with m4 in super sport entry package is $130k imagine the super stock or the superbike program how much it was, paasch was paying 9k a race last season. and that's sdk's personal bike not an actual m4

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Racing is getting more and more expensive. So much so that even being a winner doesn't quite cover your costs.
the only winners making money are the ones racing Kawasaki since they offer the best contingency rewards and the boys at yamaha.

·
Registered
18 zx10r
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Hope they're stepping up to the latest model of S1000RR for Hector. That older BMW bike is a pile.
I doubt they have the new one. I think they were running the previous Gen last year. Herrin did great considering he didn't have electronics half of the time.

·
Registered
901 Posts
It's just not a competitive bike anymore. Even Herrin couldn't get it anywhere near the front and I don't doubt he will be there on the Attack Yamaha this year. So putting someone like Hector on that old-ass BMW will be nothing but a face palm. I hope I'm wrong and I hope they have a new BMW with some solid support.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
rocky weekend for us, Stefano got taken out Saturday by Rocco landers and had to retire from the race, exhaust mid pipe was mangled, wheel was bent and tire wall got damaged, Sunday was better we had a good pace and he was able to run 3rd all race last corner of the race Rocco made the move and we ended p4. overall good weekend next stop VIR.

·
Registered
18 zx10r
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
rocky weekend for us, Stefano got taken out Saturday by Rocco landers and had to retire from the race, exhaust mid pipe was mangled, wheel was bent and tire wall got damaged, Sunday was better we had a good pace and he was able to run 3rd all race last corner of the race Rocco made the move and we ended p4. overall good weekend next stop VIR.
Good thing Mesa was able to stay on the bike. Race two was good.

·
Registered
18 zx10r
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
The twins race 2 was crazy. That rad hose burst and took down all the Aprilias.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts