Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
So it looks like we won't be seeing Brandon Paasch on MotoAmerica grid this year, as he's off to BSB to race on a Triumph. Good on him, as it's better to be developing in Europe for any young racer but I'll say it was so good to have him racing on home soil in 2020.

Seems like Aguilar will be moving up to Superbike this year on an R1, largely supported by Attack and Westby. A nice change there.

A little strange to see that SDK hasn't announced his plans for 2021--although from his social media, he's been training on his M4 GSX600R in SoCal. I don't believe that bike is an actual M4 supersport bike--rather it's just a basic track bike with M4 bodywork and M4 team isn't there to run it. That said, since he's continuing to fly the M4 flag, things are pointing in the direction of SDK being back on M4 bike this year but we won't know until it's official.

Seems like Bobby Fong is training hard with Hayes and co., so he's clearly got some plans lined up but is also quiet on the particulars. Will it be Petersen and Fong on M4 superbikes? It all depends on how much sponsor money each rider will be able to bring to the team. I bet that's why M4 team has been so quiet.

·
Registered
18 zx10r
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I'm still carious to whether there is going to be Honos team or not. Not like it matters. The only confirmed team s Attack Yamaha.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Wonder if Jake will dominate it like Petersen did. I guess it depends on who else will be a full-time in Stock 1000. It seems to be a class for local racers to enter. I know I've done it ;-)

·
Registered
18 zx10r
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Confirmed seats so far.

Superbike

Attack Yamaha
Josh Herrin
Jake Gagne

Westby Yamaha
Mathew Scholtz

RiderzLaw Yamaha
Jason Aguilar

Stock 1000

Altus Motorsports
Jake Lewis

ZX-10R
Corey Alexander

S1000RR
Alex Arango

SuperSport

Rocco Landers

Jaret Nassaney

·
Registered
898 Posts
COTA is now TBD on the MA Calendar because MotoGP isn't coming. Would be awesome if COTA can host MA only event so all classes can race. Clearly, the fact that MA had a slot on the calendar and had given it up is not a good sign.

·
Registered
18 zx10r
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Maybe they can run a round and the new Buttonwillow track lol.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Maybe they can run a round and the new Buttonwillow track lol.
Other than smooth surface of a new BW track, the location is still a dump and I just can't get excited about it.

Back to COTA, it may be that the venue is just financially unreasonable--given that I've heard track days there cost something like $500/day. Basic Googling shows that track charges $55,000/day. So theoretically, MA would have to cough up at least $220k for track rental (4 days). As a point of comparison, Laguna charges $20k/day. So it's a big difference in the end. I can see how MA can justify doing COTA whilst sharing costs with MotoGP but not on its own.

That said, it sucks that American top series can't go to one of the best tracks in the country because of costs.

·
Registered
18 zx10r
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Other than smooth surface of a new BW track, the location is still a dump and I just can't get excited about it.

Back to COTA, it may be that the venue is just financially unreasonable--given that I've heard track days there cost something like $500/day. Basic Googling shows that track charges $55,000/day. So theoretically, MA would have to cough up at least $220k for track rental (4 days). As a point of comparison, Laguna charges $20k/day. So it's a big difference in the end. I can see how MA can justify doing COTA whilst sharing costs with MotoGP but not on its own.

That said, it sucks that American top series can't go to one of the best tracks in the country because of costs.
I think the round will still be hosted regardless. COTA preseason testing is still on for March 30-31

MotoAmerica: Pre-Season Test At COTA Going Ahead As Planned - Roadracing World Magazine | Motorcycle Riding, Racing & Tech News

21 - 40 of 56 Posts