Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
18 zx10r
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is going to be the best MotoAmerica season ever! We have Cameron Beaubier leaving to Moto2 so no more sandbagging lol.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Is there any indication that Kawasaki and/or Graves will have an official or at least semi-official Superbike effort MotoAmerica? From what I've heard, neither were keen on it in the recent years. Unless there's something official, it's all just wishful thinking. Although I'd personally love to see it happen.

·
Registered
2016 ZX10R KRT
73 Posts
Herrin will be in the mix. I would love to see him on a Graves Kawasaki. Fast, good for the sport and a cool dude.
One more fast racer that proved that BMW should stick with adventure bikes (lol of course...)

·
Registered
901 Posts
Really curious about where Elias is going to end up. At his point in racing career, he ain't gonna ride for free or for peanuts--or on some half-ass bike. So it will have to be a proper proper, well-funded effort. I was listening to a podcast with Josh Hayes the other day and he said that although he had nothing official, the private talks about the potential available seats didn't feature Toni's name--almost surprisingly. So even though that article is mentioning Toni's name for Honos Ducai, maybe that's a bit premature.

·
Registered
2016 ZX10R KRT
73 Posts
I agree with that. Nothing to take away from Elias - the guy's resume is inarguable and he is still from another planet fast. He sets a great professional example and its evident that he wants to give back to the sport as he transitions. But when you look at fast guys like Mesa and Escalante that are proving that they are ready for a shot it kind of becomes a no brainer. Both of those guys will be a handful when they get full time rides.

·
Registered
901 Posts
It will be interesting to see how Escalante adapts to the Superbike. Surely, he won't come out swinging out of the gate. Even Gerloff took a season and a half to find his winning form (on a top bike) and let's all agree that Garrett is an amazing talent (although it was against Beaubier). Also very curious to see if SDK will get an opportunity to step up to Superbike. M4 Suzuki hasn't announced anything yet. From what I remember hearing on a podcast with Chris Ulrich (M4 team boss), they expect their rider(s) to bring substantial sponsor money to the team to fund the effort. So although there's some great talent available on the market right now, it doesn't mean the talent has the $ sponsor to come along. I'm guessing that's why M4 is still combing their options. There's a good chance Cameron Petersen will end up on the M4 Superbike given his last year's showing on a Suzuki in Stock 1000--the dude can ride--although his form is quite oldschool.

Bobby Fong is also a free agent at the moment as well as Brandon Paasch. I expect to see them all on the grid in 2021--be it Supersport, Superbike or even Stock 1000.

·
Registered
416 Posts
That Honos bit was a teaser and the owner simply likes his Ducati - they are not running a superbike team in 2021 and neither is Graves and Herrin went to Attack, brought 250K from F'nL. The dude that own's F'nL took 4 racers out in Vegas at a WERA event riding like a idiot, myself included, didn't pay for a thing but has 250K for sponsorship....

·
Registered
18 zx10r
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
MotoAmerica: 2021 Live+ Streaming Subscriptions Available Now - Roadracing World Magazine | Motorcycle Riding, Racing & Tech News

The pre-sale pricing of $54.99 will be available through March 15, and existing MotoAmerica Live+ customers will be renewed automatically on March 1 at the sale price, which equates to $5.50 per round. In addition to the season package, individual rounds can be purchased pre-race for $9.99. After March 15, MotoAmerica Live+ will cost $74.99 for the season package.

·
Registered
901 Posts
The app was a bit wonky at first but they worked out all the big bugs on it so it's pretty stable now. Definitely can be better but I like being able to watch all the action live or re-watch on demand. Hopefully with more subscriptions they'll be able fund further improvements to the app.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts