Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will Rea be able to keep dominating in 2020?

2020 World Superbike grid so far…

Kawasaki Racing Team:
Jonathan Rea
Alex Lowes

Aruba.it Racing Ducati:
Chaz Davies
Scott Redding

Pata Yamaha:
Michael van der Mark
Toprak Razgatlioglu

Honda:
Alvaro Bautista
Leon Haslam

BMW Motorrad:
Tom Sykes
Eugene Laverty

Pedercini Kawasaki:
Jordi Torres
Lorenzo Savadori

GRT Yamaha:
Federico Caricasulo
Garrett Gerloff

Ten Kate Yamaha:
Loris Baz

Barni Ducati:
Leon Camier

Orelac Kawasaki:
Maxmilian Scheib

Team Go Eleven Ducati:
Michael Ruben Rinaldi

Puccetti Kawasaki:
Xavi Fores

Honda Mie Racing Team:
Takumi Takahashi
TBA

Team Motocorsa Ducati:
Leandro Mercado (From Jerez round onwards)

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,662 Posts
The pack will be coming for Rea this year! The ZX-10 is a front runner, but everyone else is gunning for him which implies he will have a harder time this year and the racing should be closer. I'd expect him to be at the top, but it will be harder to get another championship this time. Chaz on the Ducati will be right there with him. We'll see how it all plays out soon enough. (y)

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Its possible, the advantage is with Kawasaki, so much data on the settings to optimize every circuit for sure based on the theory that Rea continues to be as consistent as he has always been. The pack is stronger and i think the points will be more widely spread than it has been for years! I don't think there will be one individual hunting down Rea but many taking points around him. Without the anorexic dwarf Ducati will be more consistent, Yamaha will be nipping at the heels all the way, Honda will be sporadic & likely to take some new records! BMW will continue to fall short in this series.
But if Jonathan is as he's been for the past 5 years then Yes it could be a mind blowing 6 in a Row!! But i don't think he looks himself yet, something is not right, possibly his attempts to lose some more pounds has brought on overtraining. But for sure this is the last season for 10RR as we know it. A more powerful motor is needed and to accommodate that a new frame and all the ASSOCIATED issues that come with that.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The pack will be coming for Rea this year! The ZX-10 is a front runner, but everyone else is gunning for him which implies he will have a harder time this year and the racing should be closer. I'd expect him to be at the top, but it will be harder to get another championship this time. Chaz on the Ducati will be right there with him. We'll see how it all plays out soon enough. (y)
Kawi certainly has the advantage with Rea but he will have to contend with Bautista, Toprak and Lowes may even become a problem if he becomes competitive the kawi.

Its possible, the advantage is with Kawasaki, so much data on the settings to optimize every circuit for sure based on the theory that Rea continues to be as consistent as he has always been. The pack is stronger and i think the points will be more widely spread than it has been for years! I don't think there will be one individual hunting down Rea but many taking points around him. Without the anorexic dwarf Ducati will be more consistent, Yamaha will be nipping at the heels all the way, Honda will be sporadic & likely to take some new records! BMW will continue to fall short in this series.
But if Jonathan is as he's been for the past 5 years then Yes it could be a mind blowing 6 in a Row!! But i don't think he looks himself yet, something is not right, possibly his attempts to lose some more pounds has brought on overtraining. But for sure this is the last season for 10RR as we know it. A more powerful motor is needed and to accommodate that a new frame and all the ASSOCIATED issues that come with that.
I wonder how Kawi will approach their new bike. They can either release a new gen zx10r or have a more focused 2021 zx10rr around the 30k price tag a la V4R and cbr1000rr-r. Honda kept it's current gen cbr1000r and added the new cbr1000rr-r as a different model altogether.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I wonder how Kawi will approach their new bike. They can either release a new gen zx10r or have a more focused 2021 zx10rr around the 30k price tag a la V4R and cbr1000rr-r. Honda kept it's current gen cbr1000r and added the new cbr1000rr-r as a different model altogether.
I'll tell you how: with a 1500 rpm disadvantage against the V4R and disadvantage wrt every other bike on the grid!? What gives with that? The penalty for taking the previous season championship despite serious HP deficit to the Ducati?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll tell you how: with a 1500 rpm disadvantage against the V4R and disadvantage wrt every other bike on the grid!? What gives with that? The penalty for taking the previous season championship despite serious HP deficit to the Ducati?
lol. Yup. That's why Ducati made the homologation special V4R.

2020 World Superbike initial rev limit:

Aprilia: 14700

BMW: 14950

BMW 2019: 14900

Ducati V2: 12400

Ducati V4: 16100

Honda (SC77): 15050

Honda (SC82): 15600

Kawasaki: 14600

MV Agusta: 14950

Suzuki: 14900

Yamaha: 14950