Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 zx10r
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will Rea be able to keep dominating in 2020?

2020 World Superbike grid so far…

Kawasaki Racing Team:
Jonathan Rea
Alex Lowes

Aruba.it Racing Ducati:
Chaz Davies
Scott Redding

Pata Yamaha:
Michael van der Mark
Toprak Razgatlioglu

Honda:
Alvaro Bautista
Leon Haslam

BMW Motorrad:
Tom Sykes
Eugene Laverty

Pedercini Kawasaki:
Jordi Torres
Lorenzo Savadori

GRT Yamaha:
Federico Caricasulo
Garrett Gerloff

Ten Kate Yamaha:
Loris Baz

Barni Ducati:
Leon Camier

Orelac Kawasaki:
Maxmilian Scheib

Team Go Eleven Ducati:
Michael Ruben Rinaldi

Puccetti Kawasaki:
Xavi Fores

Honda Mie Racing Team:
Takumi Takahashi
TBA

Team Motocorsa Ducati:
Leandro Mercado (From Jerez round onwards)

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,178 Posts
The pack will be coming for Rea this year! The ZX-10 is a front runner, but everyone else is gunning for him which implies he will have a harder time this year and the racing should be closer. I'd expect him to be at the top, but it will be harder to get another championship this time. Chaz on the Ducati will be right there with him. We'll see how it all plays out soon enough. (y)

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Its possible, the advantage is with Kawasaki, so much data on the settings to optimize every circuit for sure based on the theory that Rea continues to be as consistent as he has always been. The pack is stronger and i think the points will be more widely spread than it has been for years! I don't think there will be one individual hunting down Rea but many taking points around him. Without the anorexic dwarf Ducati will be more consistent, Yamaha will be nipping at the heels all the way, Honda will be sporadic & likely to take some new records! BMW will continue to fall short in this series.
But if Jonathan is as he's been for the past 5 years then Yes it could be a mind blowing 6 in a Row!! But i don't think he looks himself yet, something is not right, possibly his attempts to lose some more pounds has brought on overtraining. But for sure this is the last season for 10RR as we know it. A more powerful motor is needed and to accommodate that a new frame and all the ASSOCIATED issues that come with that.

·
Registered
18 zx10r
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The pack will be coming for Rea this year! The ZX-10 is a front runner, but everyone else is gunning for him which implies he will have a harder time this year and the racing should be closer. I'd expect him to be at the top, but it will be harder to get another championship this time. Chaz on the Ducati will be right there with him. We'll see how it all plays out soon enough. (y)
Kawi certainly has the advantage with Rea but he will have to contend with Bautista, Toprak and Lowes may even become a problem if he becomes competitive the kawi.

Its possible, the advantage is with Kawasaki, so much data on the settings to optimize every circuit for sure based on the theory that Rea continues to be as consistent as he has always been. The pack is stronger and i think the points will be more widely spread than it has been for years! I don't think there will be one individual hunting down Rea but many taking points around him. Without the anorexic dwarf Ducati will be more consistent, Yamaha will be nipping at the heels all the way, Honda will be sporadic & likely to take some new records! BMW will continue to fall short in this series.
But if Jonathan is as he's been for the past 5 years then Yes it could be a mind blowing 6 in a Row!! But i don't think he looks himself yet, something is not right, possibly his attempts to lose some more pounds has brought on overtraining. But for sure this is the last season for 10RR as we know it. A more powerful motor is needed and to accommodate that a new frame and all the ASSOCIATED issues that come with that.
I wonder how Kawi will approach their new bike. They can either release a new gen zx10r or have a more focused 2021 zx10rr around the 30k price tag a la V4R and cbr1000rr-r. Honda kept it's current gen cbr1000r and added the new cbr1000rr-r as a different model altogether.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I wonder how Kawi will approach their new bike. They can either release a new gen zx10r or have a more focused 2021 zx10rr around the 30k price tag a la V4R and cbr1000rr-r. Honda kept it's current gen cbr1000r and added the new cbr1000rr-r as a different model altogether.
I'll tell you how: with a 1500 rpm disadvantage against the V4R and disadvantage wrt every other bike on the grid!? What gives with that? The penalty for taking the previous season championship despite serious HP deficit to the Ducati?

·
Registered
18 zx10r
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll tell you how: with a 1500 rpm disadvantage against the V4R and disadvantage wrt every other bike on the grid!? What gives with that? The penalty for taking the previous season championship despite serious HP deficit to the Ducati?
lol. Yup. That's why Ducati made the homologation special V4R.

2020 World Superbike initial rev limit:

Aprilia: 14700

BMW: 14950

BMW 2019: 14900

Ducati V2: 12400

Ducati V4: 16100

Honda (SC77): 15050

Honda (SC82): 15600

Kawasaki: 14600

MV Agusta: 14950

Suzuki: 14900

Yamaha: 14950

·
Registered
18 zx10r
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1Scott ReddingGBRAruba.it Racing DucatiDucati Panigale V4 R1m 30.436s30 laps
2Toprak RazgatliogluTURPata YamahaYamaha YZF R11m 30.854s24 laps
3Michael van der MarkNEDPata YamahaYamaha YZF R11m 30.905s26 laps
4Leon HaslamGBRTeam HRCHonda CBR1000RR-R1m 30.936s24 laps
5Loris BazFRATen Kate SBK YamahaYamaha YZF R11m 30.973s17 laps
6Jonathan ReaGBRKawasaki Racing TeamKawasaki ZX-10RR1m 30.978s22 laps
7Tom SykesGBRBMW WorldSBK TeamBMW S1000RR1m 31.161s23 laps
8Alvaro BautistaESPTeam HRCHonda CBR1000RR-R1m 31.201s23 laps
9Michael Ruben RinaldiITATeam GoElevenDucati Panigale V4 R1m 31.213s14 laps
10Xavi ForesESPPuccetti KawasakiKawasaki ZX-10RR1m 31.265s21 laps
11Alex LowesGBRKawasaki Racing TeamKawasaki ZX-10RR1m 31.336s19 laps
12Sandro CorteseGERPedercini KawasakiKawasaki ZX-10RR1m 31.397s18 laps
13Chaz DaviesGBRAruba.it Racing DucatiDucati Panigale V4 R1m 31.478s24 laps
14Eugene LavertyIRLBMW WorldSBK TeamBMW S1000RR1m 31.747s22 laps
15Garrett GerloffUSAGRT YamahaYamaha YZF R11m 31.898s25 laps
16Federico CaricasuloITAGRT YamahaYamaha YZF R11m 32.008s23 laps
17Maximilian ScheibCHIOrelac Racing VerdnaturaKawasaki ZX-10RR1m 32.030s17 laps
18Leon CamierGBRBarni DucatiDucati Panigale V4 R1m 32.649s13 laps
19Takumi TakahashiJPNMie Althea HondaHonda CBR1000RR-R1m 34.995s19 laps

I didn't expect to see Redding at the top this early on.

Phillip Island WorldSBK: FP2 Results

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
I expect Redding to run the first half of the season on podiums, maybe not wins, but similar to what Bautista did last year. The tracks are good for the Ducatis. Redding just put a year on it in BSB so he's "used" to it. Love Davies but he's too track dependent for his performance. Last year he put in the same time basically in qualifying for PI. I think Toprak has some definite talent, I see him getting a Moto2 ride depending on how this season goes. Pulling for local boy Garrett Gerlof, hoping he can up his game in this new level of competition.

·
Team Green Baby!
2013 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
1,519 Posts
Rea will still be favored. I think the Yamaha squad will give him fits. New CBR with Bautisa will make some noise as well as Redding on the V4R. Chaz IMO will not be competitive and honestly hasn't been for awhile now. It's nice to see some new blood and competitive riders. Overall, hoping for an exciting season.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Does anybody know a good streaming site for WSBK?

·
Registered
684 Posts
I debated it for 2019 but I was on the fence since it's kinda boring watching Rea kill it every single race. Obviously the 2019 Bautista factor made it more interesting but then it settled right back to the Rea show. If it's the same again this year I really wouldn't want to pay for it.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,178 Posts
Apparently, with the MotoGP package deal they have they packaged 6 of the WSBK races with their broadcast on NBC Sports Network. I haven't seen which 6 races it will be, but the season opener should be one this weekend. Woohoo! If you get that channel, look into it.

I've debated the WSBK Video Pass in the past but bawked at the price since I can't always find the time to login to watch it that way or consistently. I don't know what the restrictions are on the account and if the same login information can be used at several locations simultaneously. If that were possible, it would be nice to chip in with some other people and just share a generic login among the group. That would be cool and make it cheaper!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have the Video Pass installed on my phone so can take it everywhere. I also have it on an ipad I leave at home which is simpler to wirelessly connect to the big screen. With the phone I usually use a HDMI cable adapter. Plus everything is available to stream anytime. MotoGP package works the same. I think the only restriction is two people can't be using the same account at once.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts