Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

2019 KRT Stock suspension settings for track

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Yui 
#1 ·
Hi,

Would you have good idea for settings to start with at track. I'm planning to use the bike original suspension at least the first summer and learn the tricks of a liter bike. The track here in Finland are quite tecnical and include a lot of slow corners.

I weigh around 200 lbs and I was at the verge of the fastest group last summer with my 600.

Any tips for starting set up?

#2 ·
Dont know about stock susp., but here what I think:
ZX10R is too stabile and turns very hard (if you come from 600).
*Shim shock a little.
*Drop front 7mm and make sure you use most fork travel.
*Check wheelbase. Rear axle froward as possible.
*If you feel bike still not pointing the nose well and dont get any instablilty in last switchover in Alastaro, then you may try out kit rake collars -1 degrees.
*Hugely important in tight track is your body position!

#3 ·
Dont know about stock susp., but here what I think:
ZX10R is too stabile and turns very hard (if you come from 600).
*Shim shock a little.
*Drop front 7mm and make sure you use most fork travel.
*Check wheelbase. Rear axle froward as possible.
*If you feel bike still not pointing the nose well and dont get any instablilty in last switchover in Alastaro, then you may try out kit rake collars -1 degrees.
*Hugely important in tight track is your body position!
I drop my front fork 9mm and I make a mistake. I was not note the oem drop.
Anyone can help me and say me which distance are standard between the fork cap and upper triple?
Thanks

#4 ·
I had my ZX10 gen 5 for only a couple of weeks, took it to the track and had the suspension sorted by a pro and have never looked back. Best money spent it was night and day from what it was and really enjoyed the day I'd recommend to do the same.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.