Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I’m unable to find the info I’m looking for. I’m trying to find what is the best 3/4 exhaust for my 18 10rr. Also, what’s the best electronic route to go with it... flash or PCV? Recommend block off plates? Thanks for any insight

·
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron
464 Posts
Exhaust options:
Hindle (cheapest)
Graves (proven performer)
Akrapovic (top shelf)

Block offs are basically a requirement.

Don’t bother with the PCV, just get a Woolrich flash and forget the extra parts/wiring to deal with.

Give us a shout, we’ll make sure you don’t break the bank getting setup!

Aaron

Reactions: evilaugust

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I am looking for something that is short like the Brocks, but isn't overly obnoxious. I won't be tracking the bike since I live in Hawaii, but I don't want the cheapest thing out there just to change it. Ill do some research into those options, though.
-Joe

·
Registered
276 Posts
Thanks. I am looking for something that is short like the Brocks, but isn't overly obnoxious. I won't be tracking the bike since I live in Hawaii, but I don't want the cheapest thing out there just to change it. Ill do some research into those options, though.
-Joe
graves has a nice short carbon option that looks like is has more canister than some of the other shorties, might not be as loud as the shortest ones.

·
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron
464 Posts
The “shorty” Graves looses power vs any other type of 3/4, but will be a gain from stock. Midrange takes a pretty good hit if memory serves.

·
Registered
276 Posts
The “shorty” Graves looses power vs any other type of 3/4, but will be a gain from stock. Midrange takes a pretty good hit if memory serves.
same is true for all the shorties though, and he said he wanted a short exhaust... M4 shorty is down on power vs their longer pipe as well.... i guess the engine / exhaust pulse operates best with a longer pipe... but those comparisons might also be without full tuning for each situation..i think most manfucturer comparisons they just put their exhaust on and dont tune for each one, so it could be just that the longer pipe works better with the stock tuning than a shorty does.... would be interesting to know if anyone has done a full dyno tune comparison same day same setup of a shorty vs long pipe with proper tuning for each... but probably not worth the hassle... i know one of the fastest street racing zx10r's ive seen uses a brocks/sparks predator which is a longer pipe and hes commented shorter exhaust was slower

but when it comes down to it... if you arent racing competitively, a few HP up or down isnt gonna make a difference, youre better off going with the style, fit, looks, and sound that you want

·
Registered
85 Posts
I got the Leo Vince LV-10 can on my bike, darn cheap for the can and link pipe. Although it's only stainless steel I love the look and it weighs almost nothing. I wish they made a full titanium system on this design, sound good too!

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts