Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All. Having some trouble with my 2018 zx10rr. I was having an issue with a pcv working properly without throwing codes and it was not happening so I removed the pcv and now I am getting a check engine light that is saying “air intake solenoid malfuntion. Open circuit or short”. I’m going to take off the tank and make sure all wires and hoses are connected properly. Current modifications are:
-smog block off plates
- servo buddy
- akra slip on and mid pipe

I’m 99% sure we did not remove the ais since I have not flashed the ecu but it is not engaging the flaps. Looking for any other ideas before going under the air box.

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hey All. Having some trouble with my 2018 zx10rr. I was having an issue with a pcv working properly without throwing codes and it was not happening so I removed the pcv and now I am getting a check engine light that is saying “air intake solenoid malfuntion. Open circuit or short”. I’m going to take off the tank and make sure all wires and hoses are connected properly. Current modifications are:
-smog block off plates
- servo buddy
- akra slip on and mid pipe

I’m 99% sure we did not remove the ais since I have not flashed the ecu but it is not engaging the flaps. Looking for any other ideas before going under the air box.

Thank you in advance
If you have installed smog block off plates, then the AIS has been removed, which is why you are getting the error. I'm guessing the PCV muted the error code, and when you removed it, the error is alive again. You have to flash your ecu to disable the error, as far as I know, or I guess install a PCV, otherwise, just deal with the light.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just took took the air box off to verify and the ais is still installed just the hoses are disconnected. Is there anything I should worry about if that is the only code? And currently looking into flashing the ecu.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I just took took the air box off to verify and the ais is still installed just the hoses are disconnected. Is there anything I should worry about if that is the only code? And currently looking into flashing the ecu.
Why do you still have that in your nice bike? Remove it, and also install a rubber nipple over the tube leaving your airbox on the bottom left side. You should be able to pick one up at a hardware store, or usually block off plates come with one, like brocks, or graves.

You should be fine, but I would get that code disabled. You won't know when you are having an actual problem, if the light is always on.

Just want to add here, that it is a little strange if you still have AIS installed, just the two hoses disconnected, and are getting the error. You might have to go to dealer to clear the error code, via diagnostics plug. Note here that clearing the code is not the same as disabling it via ECU flash. With AIS installed, clearing the code might fix your issue, however once removing AIS the code will return unless it is disabled in ECU.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Are you confusing Air Intake servo with the PAIR valve?
The air intake servo operates the flap in the ram air duct.
Was it removed or disconnected?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts