Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just tuned my 2018 ZX10r KRT I was curious if I’ll need a speedo healer? Anybody got any advice or intake on this please and thank you in advance

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,226 Posts
You can't buy a speedohealer for it. The speedohealer will not work on any model from 2016+. The speed is referenced off the rear wheel speed and the information is sent over a CANbus serial network to display on the dash. There's no device to hook up to correct the speed for that. If you reflashed it yourself, then you can play with the rear tire circumference values to get it more accurate, but it's minor.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can't buy a speedohealer for it. The speedohealer will not work on any model from 2016+. The speed is referenced off the rear wheel speed and the information is sent over a CANbus serial network to display on the dash. There's no device to hook up to correct the speed for that. If you reflashed it yourself, then you can play with the rear tire circumference values to get it more accurate, but it's minor.
sweet I’m glad to hear that I raced my friends old fz1 and he said he hit 197 and I only hit 192 but I was waaay infront maybe he needs a speedo healer lol

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,226 Posts
sweet I’m glad to hear that I raced my friends old fz1 and he said he hit 197 and I only hit 192 but I was waaay infront maybe he needs a speedo healer lol
Ha! Well, that's not so much about the speed wither one of you saw as it is the fact that you've accelerated a lot faster than he did. You never go by the speed shown. If you let an FZ1 be out in front while you're riding a ZX-10R, then you should immediately turn in your helmet and mancard to the local authorities.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ha! Well, that's not so much about the speed wither one of you saw as it is the fact that you've accelerated a lot faster than he did. You never go by the speed shown. If you let an FZ1 be out in front while you're riding a ZX-10R, then you should immediately turn in your helmet and mancard to the local authorities.
lmfao that’s classic and no heeeeell no I don’t let anyone infront of me! Lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
Have you used a GPS to see how far it’s actually off? My 2017 was only 2mph low at 180. The 2016+ speedos seem pretty damn spot on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts