Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the clutch lever pulled all the way in and I down shift the engine revs up a bit even while the clutch lever is still pulled all the way in. After I release the clutch the slipper clutch still does its thing. I thought the autoblipper was clutchless only, am I wrong? When I took it in for the first service at a Kawasaki dealer they told me it was just the slipper clutch. I have owned a 2009 ZX6R 2013 ZX10R still have my 2012 ZX6R and when you pull the clutch in and down shift the slipper clutch does not work until you release the clutch lever.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,342 Posts
Autoblip and slipper clutch are 2 separate functions. You have the the slipper feature stock. The autoblip only works if you've reflashed the ECU to enable that. The autoblip is completely clutchless, if enabled and the throttle is closed. If you're using the clutch level, are you matching the RPMs by blipping the throttle quickly yourself? Or are you just releasing the lever? The slipper clutch will cause a judder feeling. It won't rev up anything.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the ZX10R Se and not just the ZX10R. The SE comes with quick shift and autoblipper stock. It just seams like the autoblipper works while using the clutch or clutchless. I cut the throttle pull the clutch in downshift and as soon as it goes down to the next gear with the clutch leaver fully pulled in and no throttle it revs up a bit then I release the clutch the slipper clutch does its thing.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,342 Posts
I have the ZX10R Se and not just the ZX10R. The SE comes with quick shift and autoblipper stock. It just seams like the autoblipper works while using the clutch or clutchless. I cut the throttle pull the clutch in downshift and as soon as it goes down to the next gear with the clutch leaver fully pulled in and no throttle it revs up a bit then I release the clutch the slipper clutch does its thing.
OK, what RPM are you using it? It's meant for a race track and if you use it too low in the rev range, it will lurch a little bit. Don't use it less than 8,000rpm. If using the clutch make sure that you're not making any downshifts until you get the clutch lever pulled all the way in. If you have it partially engaged, then the blipper will try to control it at the same time you're using the clutch.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I’m about 6 or 7 k when using it but will make sure the clutch is fully engaged as well

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
958 Posts
Mine does the same shit. Always blips on downshift and will even surge if u try and upshift past 6th ever which I do. Don't have time to be looking at the dash all the time. But the SE just does this the Quickshift deal on it seems to not care if the clutch is in or not.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine does the same shit. Always blips on downshift and will even surge if u try and upshift past 6th ever which I do. Don't have time to be looking at the dash all the time. But the SE just does this the Quickshift deal on it seems to not care if the clutch is in or not.
My 2019 SE does the same as autoblipper is always on even clutch is used. The exception is 2nd to 1st if the revs are too low for autoblipper. You can switch KQS to just up if you want use the clutch for downshifts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts