Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. New to the Kawasaki World. I had a question on the new form for the 2016 an new bikes. If you put an aftermarket cartridge kit in them do you still retain the full function of the fork. One site I was on th guy said that there was only one cartridge kit out there that you did and the other's like Ohlin's you didn't. Just wanted to see if anyone could clarify this for me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello. New to the Kawasaki World. I had a question on the new form for the 2016 an new bikes. If you put an aftermarket cartridge kit in them do you still retain the full function of the fork. One site I was on th guy said that there was only one cartridge kit out there that you did and the other's like Ohlin's you didn't. Just wanted to see if anyone could clarify this for me.

All aftermarket cartridge kits I have seen retain and have improved range of adjustments for preload, rebound and compression adjustment. The difference would be the adjustments being made at the fork cap instead of the bottom.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
All cartridge kits gut the fork internals, cap the nitrogen tubes and remove/nullify the oem valving. Even the pressurized cartridges dont use the nitrogen tubes. Once cartridges are installed they will have their own preload, compression and rebound adjuster.

·
Registered
670 Posts
My Andreanni kit still utilizes the OEM nitrogen tubes. It will need to be installed by a professional IMO though because the instructions are definitely tedious which involve some drilling, special tools, etc, and of course a nitrogen recharge when it's all said and done. Better to have someone willing to insure your forks make permanent changes to it lol.

The kit comes with several springs as well. It's a really great kit and when properly set up by trackside suspension guys gives you tons off feeling in the front. I feel like I can actually hear what the bike is telling me now and it throws itself into turns being as fat as she is.

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
I had Ohlin's 30 cartridges put in my bike but also had an expert re-spring it for my weight with gear.....world of difference and all adjustments are at the top of the forks.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
My Andreanni kit still utilizes the OEM nitrogen tubes. It will need to be installed by a professional IMO though because the instructions are definitely tedious which involve some drilling, special tools, etc, and of course a nitrogen recharge when it's all said and done. Better to have someone willing to insure your forks make permanent changes to it lol.

The kit comes with several springs as well. It's a really great kit and when properly set up by trackside suspension guys gives you tons off feeling in the front. I feel like I can actually hear what the bike is telling me now and it throws itself into turns being as fat as she is.
You have the Andreani "Piston kit", not a full cartridge. It changes the valving and moves the spring to the topside of the fork and changes out the cap. While its a really good option, it is not considered an actual cartridge kit as it still utilizes some of the OEM components like the cartridge tube, piston and rebound rods.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts