Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I already emailed the Kawi rep I deal with. He isn't sure how hard they will be to get but they'll be very exclusive. Google translate says I should just be happy with my new 16.
My friend is @ the dealer expo in CA FOR Kawasaki NOW,He has placed an order for 2, 1 for me and the other to sell @ his dealership..Bike will be in early-mid February..

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
My friend is @ the dealer expo in CA FOR Kawasaki NOW,He has placed an order for 2, 1 for me and the other to sell @ his dealership..Bike will be in early-mid February..
I was trying to think if the RR is worth the extra money. I know the wheels are better and the motor is stronger but where I race we're limited to 200whp and rumour is they're allowing aftermarket wheels for 2017. I'm not limited to SS rules so as nice as it I may be further ahead in the long run spending the money on my upgrades and keeping my cheap(er) 16. We'll see.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
2016 ZX10R Race & 2016 ZX10R Street
3,683 Posts
So do this mean no more 500 unit limits?

Mark my words...this version will end up being the regular 2018 zx10R at some point...and they come out with a new RR with more catalog items and higher end suspension.

Reactions: 05pearlmagma10r

·
Registered
197 Posts
So do this mean no more 500 unit limits?

Mark my words...this version will end up being the regular 2018 zx10R at some point...and they come out with a new RR with more catalog items and higher end suspension.

500 units was the amount for Europe but 1000 units worldwide. I've got 1 of 30 available for Thailand ordered and should be here Feb.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Я - Ребен&#108
2016 ZX10R Race & 2016 ZX10R Street
3,683 Posts
500 units was the amount for Europe but 1000 units worldwide. I've got 1 of 30 available for Thailand ordered and should be here Feb.

Oh....lucky you lol.

I remember my dealership telling me that in the usa there is only about 1500 .... or did he say 3000 zx10R units sold here per year.
can anyone verify?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Aside from the lighter wheels and engine upgrades that allow for more power and fine tuning as a race engine, there is not a whole lot of upgrades. It would be better to just buy wheels for the 2016 ZX10R. Nels flashed my ecu and unlocked the clutchless downshift for free. Plus it comes standard with ABS, which is not fun for some racers.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Aside from the lighter wheels and engine upgrades that allow for more power and fine tuning as a race engine, there is not a whole lot of upgrades. It would be better to just buy wheels for the 2016 ZX10R. Nels flashed my ecu and unlocked the clutchless downshift for free. Plus it comes standard with ABS, which is not fun for some racers.

For road use there's no reason to upgrade to zx10RR. But for Superstock and Superbike racing it has a couple of advantages. In Superstock only the zx10RR will be FIM homologated to run the lighter wheels and the DLC coated tappets could help to get a little more power to the rear wheel. In Superbike class you'll be able to run higher lift Camshaft than the STD zx10r engine plus the extra reliability of the other crankcase reinforcements.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For road use there's no reason to upgrade to zx10RR. But for Superstock and Superbike racing it has a couple of advantages. In Superstock only the zx10RR will be FIM homologated to run the lighter wheels and the DLC coated tappets could help to get a little more power to the rear wheel. In Superbike class you'll be able to run higher lift Camshaft than the STD zx10r engine plus the extra reliability of the other crankcase reinforcements.

Exactly why I'm buying, for Racing only..You made the proper points, for street use I would save my money.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
HTML:
Exactly why I'm buying, for Racing only..You made the proper points, for street use I would save my money.
IMO unless you're going to aim for 220hp or doing SS the extra $$ for the RR could do a bit of head work and buy a set of wheels for the regular 10. Street, all for the cred yo.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Couldn't you just modify your existing bike with the parts from the Racing Catalog to match the same performance? I don't see where there is a massive night/day difference with the RR anyway. Just asking though.
:surprise: smh i want one... i wonder how much dealer will give me for my 2016 to upgrade to this... :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Couldn't you just modify your existing bike with the parts from the Racing Catalog to match the same performance? I don't see where there is a massive night/day difference with the RR anyway. Just asking though.
It's just the engine. It seems like it's more capable of making big power with more reliability. That's why I said I don't see a point unless you're going to put giant cams in it and go for big numbers or your racing SS and need to use oem wheels.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Has there been any reliability issues with the standard Gen 5 engines? I sure havent heard any...but curious

·
Registered
171 Posts
I was trying to think if the RR is worth the extra money. I know the wheels are better and the motor is stronger but where I race we're limited to 200whp and rumour is they're allowing aftermarket wheels for 2017. I'm not limited to SS rules so as nice as it I may be further ahead in the long run spending the money on my upgrades and keeping my cheap(er) 16. We'll see.
After discussing it with my dealer (on the off chance he could even get one for me) I decided at my level NOT worth it, and will be ordering the "regular" 2017 10R...few cool things on the RR, but most of it would be silly anytime in the next - oh, I dunno, rest of my racing career most likely. Some of it easy to do yourself and you're not really saving much, plus a few other things that wouldn't be of particular help for the average racer unless you're already at the top of your game.

That being said, it would still be cool to get one :grin2:

Reactions: GSXRIntensity
1 - 20 of 25 Posts