Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,367 Posts
Oh man. That white color scheme is pretty sharp! Matches the Vette nicely as well.

Reactions: k2xsnow

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yea it is! Its on my bucket list of tracks along with Road America and Road Atlanta. Im up in Saginaw, Next time i go to Grattan ill have to link up with you.

·
Registered
18 zx10r
651 Posts
Shim your rear shock with an 8mm spacer over stock. Improves tipping into a corner drastically. Also try out a -1+1 front rear sprocket combo... You're always in the power band that way.
At first I thought that 8mm excessive but I didn't realize the stock shim is 5.2mm.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Barber weekend was amazing, worth the drive! Best track I've been too. Some YT highlights here:
Best lap of the weekend: 1:34.6. If I had another day I think I could get to 33s/32s.

Bike is running better and I'm keeping up better. Burnt the rear Slick 2, went with the Cup2 because they were out of slicks, no difference. I believe its the same side compound.
The -1F worked perfect once I got used to the torque curve. I also rotated the handles out so I could move my hand around the throttle better in corners (like a screw driver).

Plan moving forward:
Try the 8 mm shim... need to stop by the hardware store.
Trying to hit a couple more tracks this year, ACC, Pittrace, maybe a trip to CMP. Depends on $$.

oh... and I didn't have the $$ or the plan to purchase this.. but I found a deal I couldn't refuse on EBAY. So within 2 minutes of seeing it I hit "Buy it now"

The Best; Almost new akra full titanium.. about 45% costs compared to purchasing new. Can't wait to re-tune with this bad boy on.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts