Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With a heavy heart, I’m selling
my 2017 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS for sale. I purchased it new a year ago and I never really got around to riding it. It’s practically brand new with barely over a 100 miles. Those miles are from riding around the neighborhood in order to keep the battery from dying. My wife and I found out we were pregnant right after the purchase so riding took a back seat.

Added a fender eliminator kit, Motodynamic Integrated Sequential LED Tail Light, and Shogon sliders. I have all the original parts and will provide them as well. It saddens me that I have to part with it, however it deserves to be ridden and I’m sure there’s someone out there can enjoy it more than me. The bike is 100% mint condition, just as it was when driven off the dealership lot. It’s always been garage kept with a cover.

Asking for $12,000.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No. I wasn’t aware and wasn’t informed of any recall. I’ll contact the dealership to find out. I’m sure it’ll be taken care of should it require anything.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's mandatory for all 2016-2018 zx10rs. It's potentially very dangerous as there defective components inside the gearbox that could lead to transmission failure. Definitely have a dealer look it up with the vin.
I just called the dealership and was told that if there was a recall, they would have informed me. Nevertheless, he took my vin and said he cal me back in 10min to let me know. I’ll update.

·
Registered
805 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's great to hear. Maybe it was a late 2017/2018 model that already had it addressed. Maybe I was mistaken to include 2018 into the scope of the recall. I know my 2017 needed it.
Well I appreciate the heads up but are you interested, or just being a good samaritan? 😂

1 - 13 of 13 Posts