Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With a heavy heart, I’m selling View attachment 443946 my 2017 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS for sale. I purchased it new a year ago and I never really got around to riding it. It’s practically brand new with barely over a 100 miles. Those miles are from riding around the neighborhood in order to keep the battery from dying. My wife and I found out we were pregnant right after the purchase so riding took a back seat.

Added a fender eliminator kit, Motodynamic Integrated Sequential LED Tail Light, and Shogon sliders. I have all the original parts and will provide them as well. It saddens me that I have to part with it, however it deserves to be ridden and I’m sure there’s someone out there can enjoy it more than me. The bike is 100% mint condition, just as it was when driven off the dealership lot. It’s always been garage kept with a cover.

Asking for $12,000. View attachment 443944 View attachment 443945

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No. I wasn’t aware and wasn’t informed of any recall. I’ll contact the dealership to find out. I’m sure it’ll be taken care of should it require anything.

·
Registered
849 Posts
It's mandatory for all 2016-2018 zx10rs. It's potentially very dangerous as there defective components inside the gearbox that could lead to transmission failure. Definitely have a dealer look it up with the vin.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's mandatory for all 2016-2018 zx10rs. It's potentially very dangerous as there defective components inside the gearbox that could lead to transmission failure. Definitely have a dealer look it up with the vin.
I just called the dealership and was told that if there was a recall, they would have informed me. Nevertheless, he took my vin and said he cal me back in 10min to let me know. I’ll update.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I just called the dealership and was told that if there was a recall, they would have informed me. Nevertheless, he took my vin and said he cal me back in 10min to let me know. I’ll update.
Nobody called me either but recall was in order. You can actually check yourself, here's the website to plug in your VIN:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nobody called me either but recall was in order. You can actually check yourself, here's the website to plug in your VIN:

just checked the site and it says: “This VIN number does not have any recall information available.” I’ll wait to hear from them just to double check.

·
Registered
849 Posts
That's great to hear. Maybe it was a late 2017/2018 model that already had it addressed. Maybe I was mistaken to include 2018 into the scope of the recall. I know my 2017 needed it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's great to hear. Maybe it was a late 2017/2018 model that already had it addressed. Maybe I was mistaken to include 2018 into the scope of the recall. I know my 2017 needed it.
Well I appreciate the heads up but are you interested, or just being a good samaritan? ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts