Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

2017 10RR, rearsets/gp shift/ecu

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Baja317 
#1 ·
I read somewhere that to change the gear shift to the race shift on a 16R you need to make changes in the ECU.
Does this apply to the 2017 10RR ?

#3 ·
All models from 2016 through 2020 are the same.

You technically don't need to reflash the ECU for that, but you have use a bellcrank setup so you change the direction of the pedal without changing the orientation and trigger of the sensor. If you plan on just flipping the shift arm like previous models, you'll have to deal with some mechanical interference on the frame if using the OEM sensor and you'll need to change the direction of the sensor in the software. That requires a reflash.

#7 ·
+1 on Vortex: No ECU flash and the bell crank that comes with the rear sets is a quick install and I love the fact that the shift rod is essentially eliminated, which eliminates that irritating flex that is inherent with the OE rearsets/shift rod.
The shifting becomes so much crisper and smoother.
The Attacks rock as well. I have them on my R6 race bike and wouldn't turn them down if I needed to buy another set.

#9 ·
I've bought a 2016 with lightech rearsets. They have the race shift part installed. I've not ridden the bike yet & never used race shift (track bike, have to wait until the spring). I hope that if I can't get on with it all I have to do is remove the additional linkage in the gear shift. Does anyone know for sure?

#10 ·
Lightech makes a conversion adaptor for GP shift. It's a bolt-on bellcrank adapter for the rearsets to reverse the pedal direction. Because it's bolt-on, you should be able to remove that part of it and go back to the street pattern. Assuming the original connecting rod from the QS sensor to the pedal can be reinstalled to connect it after the bellcrank rod is removed. I'm not sure why you would want to do that after using the GP pattern :p, but it should be pretty straight-forward like that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.