Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just tried installing a set of Woodcraft rear sets and it won't get out of neutral? its 90's or damn near close to it, set up as standard shifting, checked and rechecked and i still can't figure it out:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

·
Registered
708 Posts
Ok, I'm having a hard time explaining this because I've forgotten the technical terms for the various parts, but have you checked the angle of the shift arm/lever (the piece the shift rod connects to) to the splined shift shaft? It should be as close to 90 degrees as possible to maximize leverage applied to the shaft.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Had this same exact problem w woodcrafts on my gen4. Every angle was as close to perpendicular as possible, it would shift through the gears but it was so dam hard compared to the attack rearsets. I ripped apart the gearbox multiple times trying to figure out the problem before I narrowed it down to the rearset and not the gearbox. Went back to the attacks and problem solved. All the pivots in the rearsets were freely moving and everything, such a weird problem.

·
The Pace
7,048 Posts
ok, you're not going to like this, but oem resets are awesome. And I run the crappiest loop ever. I just looked at what you installed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts