Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i see lot of people seem to be having starter issues lately, i believe im having the same problem currently as my bike wont start, battery is good, motor isnt seized still able to push start in 1st, relay seems fine, has anybody had experience with putting new brushes in the starter just ordered a kit from ricks motorsports and will be attempting it this weekend, any tips would help.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,059 Posts
You've left off crucial info. If the starter isn't seized, how did you confirm it's actually spinning? Did you determine the brushes are actually bad? Or are you just throwing money at parts hoping that's the issue? If the brushes were bad or worn down, the starter motor will spin very slowly under power and/or be extremely hot to the touch quickly.

The people who have had the issues have shown that the brackets holding the brushes is what the problem is. So a brush kit won't fix your issue if that's the case. All the issues with it require a new starter to resolve it. You can hope for the the best with the brushes, but it's not likely to work based on what the majority of people have seen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You've left off crucial info. If the starter isn't seized, how did you confirm it's actually spinning? Did you determine the brushes are actually bad? Or are you just throwing money at parts hoping that's the issue? If the brushes were bad or worn down, the starter motor will spin very slowly under power and/or be extremely hot to the touch quickly.

The people who have had the issues have shown that the brackets holding the brushes is what the problem is. So a brush kit won't fix your issue if that's the case. All the issues with it require a new starter to resolve it. You can hope for the the best with the brushes, but it's not likely to work based on what the majority of people have seen.
100% hoping this is it pretty much goin with the cheaper option first

1 - 3 of 3 Posts