Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, when I grab the clutch I notice a delay in when the engine is unloaded. It was barely noticeable at first and has become a few second delay now.

How difficult is it to replace the clutch? Should I just do friction plates and springs? Haven't replaced a clutch before so first time noob questions, sorry.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And its weird... i dont get any slipping of the clutch. Just a delay in when the engine is unloaded when I pull the clutch sometimes.

·
Registered
670 Posts
You probably have a broken clutch spring or something. I would pull the whole clutch out for inspection, plates, fibers, springs, rods, the whole 9 yards. If you don't see any issues change out the springs, maybe they've got some load loss or something.

If the problem still persists then complete the rebuild (plates and fibers). Make sure you get yourself a new gasket each rebuild.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You probably have a broken clutch spring or something. I would pull the whole clutch out for inspection, plates, fibers, springs, rods, the whole 9 yards. If you don't see any issues change out the springs, maybe they've got some load loss or something.

If the problem still persists then complete the rebuild (plates and fibers). Make sure you get yourself a new gasket each rebuild.
Thank you for the info, I'm in Michigan too by the way but a few hours north of you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Inspecting and then installing new plates and friction plates is not too difficult (depending on your handiness), maybe slightly above IKEA furniture.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I haven't gotten to pulling the clutch yet, but now that you mention warranty, It is still under warranty, though I have put 7,000+ miles on it since I got it earlier this year... warranty should be for 12 months though?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts