Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Give us the very first impressions
Well, I tell you this. When I saw the bike in person, it looks much better. The lines are sharp. Since I'm coming off a 4th Gen 2013 ZX10R, I can see what is different. The wheels, heel guards and foot pegs are the same. I'm not sure if the side panels on the tank and the bottom most side cowlings are the same but I think so. The brakes feel tight and more precise. The riding position is a little more aggressive and the footpegs are raised 5mm. I noticed that the rear end is light as a feather. Kawasaki moved more of the weight towards the front of the bike over the suspension, which can more than handle it. If I said the ride is softer that would inaccurate, the truth is the suspension is better at absorbing bumps and carrying weight.

The engine revs quicker. Seems like it gets to operating temperature quicker.The new stock muffler is great but I will be getting rid of it; the valve cables that chokes the exhaust; and the cat converter. All in favor of a slip on shorty. It does come equipped with an O2 sensor. I'm not a fan of fuel management systems though. The paint job (matte carbon) is really nice. It is flat charcoal but it has a shine to it. And should be easy to clean. I've cleaned and polished it and put it up until Spring. I live in Michigan and we just got out first real snow fall and cold winter temps.

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Since I bought my 04 ZX10R in 2008 it always felt like the right choice for me I find it to be one of the most amazing Japanese bike ever built.
But this 2016 ZX10R is absolutely stunning!!! Don't get me wrong, till today I won't replace it with any other bike, not after all the hard work I did on it. it will always be my masterpiece.
I have to admit though that some time in the next two years I'm probably going to add another one to my other 4 bikes, and it's definitely going to be the 2016 ZX10R.
I'm not jealous but I want one too...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts