Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Vendor
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Instock and ready to go!

Graves Motorsports Kawasaki ZX10R 2016 Smog Block Off Plates

Graves Motorsports Smog Block Off Plates for the 2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R model Sport Bikes. Graves Motorsports Smog Block Off Plates are designed to seal off the ports on the valve cover used by the air injection system (a.k.a smog pumps or AIS). Sold in pairs ( as pictured).

Fitment: Kawasaki ZX10r 2016

The air induction system (AIS) burns unburned exhaust gases by injecting fresh air (secondary air) into the exhaust port, reducing the emission of hydrocarbons.

Once these are capped off the air injection system can be safely removed. These Smog Block Off Plates are made from CNC'ed billet aluminum and feature the Graves Motorsports "G" logo. There are three reasons why you want to remove the air injection system from your bike;

1. If you are using your motorcycle on a closed course (racing, track days, etc.) you will want to remove all unnecessary equipment from your bike for reduced weight and ease of maintenance.

2. To get an accurate Air:Fuel (A/F) ratio when dynoing the bike. The air injection system pumps fresh air directly into the exhaust stream in order to burn off any unused fuel. Unfortunately by doing this the A/F ratio is thrown off by the extra "fresh air" in the exhaust stream. By removing the air injection system you can achieve an accurate A/F ratio.

3. This addition will typically remove the majority of popping on deceleration that can be experienced with un-burnt gasses within the emission charcoal chamber. Note: Proper tuning may be needed and this is general feedback.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Lol!

·
Premium Member
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,945 Posts
That may be true and all, but it looks like ZX9R. And ZXGR doesn't make much sense since they're going on a ZX10R. It might be cool though if the G was a Roman numeral for 10, but it's not unfortunately. Even using Common Core maths, I can't see how that works.

...Seven.....Eight....Nine....G....Eleven....see where I'm going with this?

Frankly, if I was to put those on my bike hidden under the fairings, fuel tank, airbox, and heat mat that would literally drive me crazy knowing they say ZX9R on them.

Will they fit a Gen 4? Do they come logo-free? :lol:

·
Vendor
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback. If your not on the bike I'm not sure what if matters for you but here's a set for your model with just the G on it. Graves Motorsports Kawasaki ZX Smog Block Off Plates

The 2016 plates are ZX models from Graves "G" Racing "R" department :) GR cheers and if you need a see we'd be happy to discount them for you.

Thanks for the business..

-Shane

·
Premium Member
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,945 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. If your not on the bike I'm not sure what if matters for you but here's a set for your model with just the G on it. Graves Motorsports Kawasaki ZX Smog Block Off Plates

The 2016 plates are ZX models from Graves "G" Racing "R" department :) GR cheers and if you need a see we'd be happy to discount them for you.

Thanks for the business..

-Shane

:lol: I'm just playin' around having some fun. Here's a free thread bump though.:ayyy:

·
Premium Member
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,945 Posts
Good question...
It's really not. Been talked about countless times over the years.

No, doing the plates by themselves doesn't throw an error. If you unplug and remove the switching valve, it will cause an FI light. Leave the valve plugged in and secured out of the way or jumper the plug out to get rid of the light. But that's a separate issue from doing the block-off plates.

·
Registered
136 Posts
It's really not. Been talked about countless times over the years.

No, doing the plates by themselves doesn't throw an error. If you unplug and remove the switching valve, it will cause an FI light. Leave the valve plugged in and secured out of the way or jumper the plug out to get rid of the light. But that's a separate issue from doing the block-off plates.

I've taken this valve out on other bikes and had no issues/codes with it disconnected. I guess Kawi does things a little different..If we jumper the plug...it would be nice to do it with a factory style connector. Do you know where to source a female connector for this? Or has this been been MacGyvered in the past. I'm inclined to cap it off securely and be rid of the switching valve. Unneeded weight.
:nerd:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,945 Posts
I've taken this valve out on other bikes and had no issues/codes with it disconnected. I guess Kawi does things a little different..If we jumper the plug...it would be nice to do it with a factory style connector. Do you know where to source a female connector for this? Or has this been been MacGyvered in the past. I'm inclined to cap it off securely and be rid of the switching valve. Unneeded weight.
:nerd:
It's not just a Kawi thing. Newer, modern bikes all have sensor input to recognize faults. The older bikes didn't, but since the G3s have been out, that's what their all doing.

You'd have to look at the mating plug and source a companion to it. The harness plugs directly into the valve, so you'd have to find the mate to the harness. Or better yet, just flash the error code out of the ECU with the Woolich kit. Which you should already have if you're tuning and needing these block-off plates.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yamaha doesn't have this issue when unplugged. I've ridden around for years with no code or lite. Good points..I'll look into a connector/flash or just my go the factory kit ecu. I'm sure the factory race computer would solve this minor issue;)
Cheers
>:)

·
Premium Member
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,945 Posts
Yamaha doesn't have this issue when unplugged. I've ridden around for years with no code or lite. Good points..I'll look into a connector/flash or just my go the factory kit ecu. I'm sure the factory race computer would solve this minor issue;)
Cheers
>:)
The kit ECU would take care of that, but it has it's own problems. You lose the headlights and sidestand with that and it's VERY pricey.

·
Premium Member
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,945 Posts
I don't know whether I should keep this thread in the Vendor section, or move it to the Funny pages, or the Tech and Performance section. :hello: :lol:

At least it's informative and getting lots of bumps to the top for the seller. :ayyy:

I like smilies. :grin2:

Reactions: g-man

·
Vendor
6,880 Posts
I don't know whether I should keep this thread in the Vendor section, or move it to the Funny pages, or the Tech and Performance section. :hello: :lol:

At least it's informative and getting lots of bumps to the top for the seller. :ayyy:

I like smilies. :grin2:
Welcome to the madness Shane. :hello: -Mike

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.