Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Damn son!!! Overall just looks way better, tail is sexy.... And what forks are those?!?

There is nothing about this bike I don't like.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,558 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
LOL! Bloo, this is such a repost if I ever have seen a repost.

The REAL discussion is located here....
http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f23/gen-5-2016-a-290034.html

As for it being just a gen 4 with "some upgrades", I disagree. Pretty much everything on the bike was touched and changed.
That's just why I dropped by again. This really is a completely new bike; sure, they used the same basic wheel, but changed to accommodate the new brakes, so it's really not the same wheel. The frame looks about the same, but it is a different frame, substantially. What else could be the same? The passenger footpegs? Subframe, maybe, but unlikely and not a factor in calculating "sameness".

Very few key physical components of the motorcycle have been unchanged; nearly every part is different.

New forks, new brakes with new m/c and stainless lines, new shock, completely revised bodywork, new frame, new swingarm, new instrument panel, new airbox, major changes to key engine components (transmission, pistons, valves, etc.), revised shock geometry with increased ride height...not to mention an entirely new six-axis performance management package.

That's a new motorcycle with a few parts used from the old one.

KHI had a lot of time to do this and they started with a bike that was still very competitive as it was. We can see the small air dam just under the ram air, built-in as it were, rather than tacked on later like the winglets. This bike was built for very high speeds.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
LOL! Bloo, this is such a repost if I ever have seen a repost.
Ah but there is a difference Member posted in the Pictures and Video section and posted a Video this is not a discussion....pictures and videos get lost in 3000 posts gibberish threads i.e discussions.....again Great Post by Ninja Boy :thumbsup:

To Ninja Boy your Video looks good on my end let me know if your having problems.

Bloo

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,558 Posts
Ah but there is a difference Member posted in the Pictures and Video section and posted a Video this is not a discussion....pictures and videos get lost in 3000 posts gibberish threads i.e discussions.....again Great Post by Ninja Boy :thumbsup:

To Ninja Boy your Video looks good on my end let me know if your having problems.

Bloo
I just call it like I see it. By my own subjective personal analysis, this qualifies as a repost. But I'll let the infraction slide this time since Bloo is backing it. :lol:

But, this thread will turn into a discussion about the new model when there's already a good discussion happening in the other thread. Frankly, I'm tempted to clean up the other thread to get rid of all the discussion prior to the release. That would pare it down a bit. But there's tons of more info and discussions in the other corner of the site. :wink:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I just call it like I see it. By my own subjective personal analysis, this qualifies as a repost. But I'll let the infraction slide this time since Bloo is backing it. :lol:

But, this thread will turn into a discussion about the new model when there's already a good discussion happening in the other thread. Frankly, I'm tempted to clean up the other thread to get rid of all the discussion prior to the release. That would pare it down a bit. But there's tons of more info and discussions in the other corner of the site. :wink:
Your right it may turn into a discussion and I am with you members should use the other Thread for that. I do like this 360 Video though put in the right place easy to find for members it may even save some from having to make a trip to the international motorcycle show but I'm still going no matter what next month to see the bike in person :mrgreen:

bloo

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,558 Posts
Your right it may turn into a discussion and I am with you members should use the other Thread for that. I do like this 360 Video though put in the right place easy to find for members it may even save some from having to make a trip to the international motorcycle show but I'm still going no matter what next month to see the bike in person :mrgreen:

bloo
Well, make sure you don't post a video of it or I'll have to give you a repost infraction. :lol:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
:wav::wav::wav::wav:I CANT BELIEVE IT LOOKED FOR THE INTERNATIONAL MOTORCYCLE DATES AND FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER THE SHOW IS COMING TO MY HOME TOWN!!!!!!! I CAN GO EVERYDAY AND DROOL!!!! :mrgreen:

Sacramento Motorcycle Show
CAL EXPO CENTER
Sacramento, CA
11/06/2015 - 11/08/2015

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dork.... I see what your saying about the new 2016. My realization is that there is no "Gen 5" (that would mean a completely redesigned frame, and/or engine and/or suspension and/or body work)

What we have is the Gen 4 platform, with extensive Upgrades, to boost performance and overall appeal.

My boy owns my local K dealer and he has a assured me a nice test ride very soon....

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,558 Posts
Dork.... I see what your saying about the new 2016. My realization is that there is no "Gen 5" (that would mean a completely redesigned frame, and/or engine and/or suspension and/or body work)

What we have is the Gen 4 platform, with extensive Upgrades, to boost performance and overall appeal.

My boy owns my local K dealer and he has a assured me a nice test ride very soon....
This falls into the same category as the Gen 1/2/3. In that case, the motor and frame were all incremental upgrades of each other. The only "radical" part for those models was the bodywork and exhaust that made it look so different. But under all that, the bikes were largely just evolutions of each other. This case isn't much different.

While it may LOOK similar overall to a Gen 4, all of the major components (frame, swingarm, suspension, bodywork, etc) have all been changed. Significantly. That really qualifies more as a new Gen versus what they've done in the past. It's definitely not a 4.5 model.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts