Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 zx10r
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just crashed by zx6r will be switching to my zx10r for track days while I get another track bike. Wanted to get some feedback as far what fairings ya'll have found that have great fitment. Only fairings I've used are MotoXP Ricambi which were great for the price but took a while to get here for Italy.

So far I've been told that Sharkskinz and Carbonin have perfect fit and hotbodies sucks. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Sharkskinz are the best. They are pricey, but that will even out once your painter gets them. Minimal prep work required.

I went with Sebimoto on my 2013 ZX10R. Fitment is spot on and couldn’t pass up the price on full carbon/Kevlar.

Only gripe is they come gel coated.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,773 Posts
The Hotbodies are cheap. If you are handy enough to fit them and prep them for a decent paint job, they will work because they are cheaper. They aren't terrible, but not great either. They'll take some more work to look good. If you crash in them hard, they might be useless but that's why they sell them cheap. Sharkskinz are the better way to go if you just want to bolt them up, paint them, and be done with them and have better survivability. Just depends on your price point and how professional you want to go with it all. A cheap trackday bike can use the HB. A race bike should be sharkskinz. My $.02

·
Registered
716 Posts
I have Armour Bodies on Gen4 Zx10 and ZX6. They crash well and fit very well. On the Gen 4 it is a 2 piece design to take the fairings off the bike. This is an advantage when you need to service the bike quickly vs some of the other brands with 3 or more pieces for the nose to belly pan.

·
Registered
18 zx10r
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd rather pay more and not have to struggle to get the fairing to fit properly. Even better if it's primed. I hated working to try and fix the cracked gel coating on my other set.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've had Sharkskins on my 1K Suzukis with very good results. My ZX10 currently wears Carbonin - VERY nice stuff. I have a set from Lacomoto that I bought thinking it might take the Carbonin quite some time to arrive. I haven't done much with it other than to inspect the parts. The Carbonin mounted up very easily with minimal fuss/adjustments.

·
Registered
18 zx10r
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've had Sharkskins on my 1K Suzukis with very good results. My ZX10 currently wears Carbonin - VERY nice stuff. I have a set from Lacomoto that I bought thinking it might take the Carbonin quite some time to arrive. I haven't done much with it other than to inspect the parts. The Carbonin mounted up very easily with minimal fuss/adjustments.
The lacomoto kit looks nice. Good to know carbonin lines up well too. Do you know if Carbonin comes primed or with gel coat?

·
Registered
625 Posts
I have a spare set of Carbonin. They are gel coated.

Carbonin are flimsy compared to Sebimoto and Sharkskinz.

·
Registered
18 zx10r
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a spare set of Carbonin. They are gel coated.

Carbonin are flimsy compared to Sebimoto and Sharkskinz.
The Sebimoto set is tempting having the paint options. How was the fit on it?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Sebimoto fitment is perfect on my 2013 ZX10R.

I have their air box, snorkel, and fenders on my 1993 ZX7R. Perfect fitment as well.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Also, Sebimoto makes the complete fuel tank cover. No more dealing with the three OEM panels around the tank.

·
Registered
18 zx10r
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sebimoto fitment is perfect on my 2013 ZX10R.

I have their air box, snorkel, and fenders on my 1993 ZX7R. Perfect fitment as well.

View attachment 446119
Also, Sebimoto makes the complete fuel tank cover. No more dealing with the three OEM panels around the tank.
I really like that. Not having to paint them is a huge plus too.

Nice looking bike man.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Gents, please accept my apologies for not contributing more earlier. Here are a few pictures of the Carbonin bodywork to help your evaluation. As I said earlier, I'm very impressed with the bodywork - fit and finish are top notch. I'm hoping to find someone to wrap it for me to make it look stock. If I have to paint it, I will, but the carbon finish is too nice for that, so I hope I can avoid it.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 zx10r
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Gents, please accept my apologies for not contributing more earlier. Here are a few pictures of the Carbonin bodywork to help your evaluation. As I said earlier, I'm very impressed with the bodywork - fit and finish are top notch. I'm hoping to find someone to wrap it for me to make it look stock. If I have to paint it, I will, but the carbon finish is too nice for that, so I hope I can avoid it.
Looks good. Nice CF.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts