Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

81 - 100 of 291 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
I’ll stick with the stock upper to keep the Superstock nazi’s happy. I’ll pull it after CMP next weekend and get it modified over my summer break.
Good call. The cleanest way to do it is with a mill. A buddy of mine works at a shop so he buzzed it off for me cleanly, threw some flat black paint on it and then drilled and tapped some forward-facing holes for me so I can mount the timer bracket or whatever else I might want. Looks clean and cost me $50 :)

·
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
I’m a gunsmith and use a mill pretty often.0:)

Free-ninty-free lol!

·
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #83

Got one of these on the way from Hustle Hard Racing. Unfortunetly, it won't be here in time to test this weekend at Carolina Motorsports Park...:(

·
Registered
80 Posts
Looking at the Zeta unit again, it seems like it might still have the ignition bracket so it's meant more for street bikes than race bikes.
I didn’t see a ignition bracket on the zeta I know if you look at the bottom pics it looks like it has a ignition cutout but the actual picture shows it without I am doing the woodcraft kill and would get this but not if it’s just a street style top clamp and not meant for racing anyone have more info on this

·
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
My boys at Hustle Hard Racing, came through big style! Got me this SE Composites shroud QUICK. Ordered it Wednesday and I got this morning, perfect timing! Headed to CMP in the morning, can't wait to really give this thing a go...

·
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #89

It was a Good Day. Still rocking my Yamaha leathers lol!!

·
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #90

Green is GRIP POS %

Light Blue is TPS %

Red is GPS GYRO Lean Angle

Dark Blue is GPS Speed

If you look toward the right side you will see a vertical line that plots values on all four channels. In the upper left corner you will see those plotted values. Notice the Grip POS vs TPS is near 20% different. This was exiting Turn 14 onto the front straight at Carolina Motorsport Park. When you can see that I'm opening the throttle just before max lean and it's a smooth opening all the way to WOT. The issue is that I'm not getting the acceleration I'm asking for. On the bike, it felt like the bike "wasn't all there" and this data confirms that.

Now all I need is the KIT ECU to make changes...

·
Registered
361 Posts

Green is GRIP POS %

Light Blue is TPS %

Dark Blue is GPS Speed

If you look toward the right side you will see a vertical line that plots values on all four channels. In the upper left corner you will see those plotted values. Notice the Grip POS vs TPS is near 20% different. This was exiting Turn 14 onto the front straight at Carolina Motorsport Park. When you can see that I'm opening the throttle just before max lean and it's a smooth opening all the way to WOT. The issue is that I'm not getting the acceleration I'm asking for. On the bike, it felt like the bike "wasn't all there" and this data confirms that.

Turn 14 was an issue for me as well yesterday at CMP. The stock gearing on this bike is definitely too tall in 1st gear. Waiting for the bike to start pulling felt like forever. I thought the bike behaved rather well considering and wish I would of came over and take a closer look at your beautiful bike! Also sucks I got a flat rear in the 3rd session from a screw puncture! Brand new supercorsa! Had to mount the RS which worked OK but not nearly the grip of the diablo!
When's the next track day for you?
FYI They bumped me up to intermediate my first time and I look forward to sharing some laps with you!

·
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #93 (Edited)
Turn 14 was an issue for me as well yesterday at CMP. The stock gearing on this bike is definitely too tall in 1st gear. Waiting for the bike to start pulling felt like forever. I thought the bike behaved rather well considering and wish I would of came over and take a closer look at your beautiful bike! Also sucks I got a flat rear in the 3rd session from a screw puncture! Brand new supercorsa! Had to mount the RS which worked OK but not nearly the grip of the diablo!
When's the next track day for you?
FYI They bumped me up to intermediate my first time and I look forward to sharing some laps with you!
Dude that's awsome! I'll be at Little Tally on August 17th. Sucks about the tire...

I was considering getting this tank shroud just to keep the OEM surface clean and clear. How does it install, 3M or Silicon?
The install was very simple. 3M is what holds it and it's PLENTY strong: install video forth coming...

Here's another puzzle I can figure out: IMU Lean Angle vs GPS GYRO (lean angle). Why the big difference?

EDIT: I figured it out: the Kawasaki IMU has the "zero degree" location on the x-axis (horizontal aka the ground) and the AiM Solo 2 DL has the "zero degree" on the y-axis (straight up).:2bitchslap:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Dude that's awsome! I'll be at Little Tally on August 17th. Sucks about the tire...

The install was very simple. 3M is what holds it and it's PLENTY strong: install video forth coming...

Here's another puzzle I can figure out: IMU Lean Angle vs GPS GYRO (lean angle). Why the big difference?

EDIT: I figured it out: the Kawasaki IMU has the "zero degree" location on the x-axis (horizontal aka the ground) and the AiM Solo 2 DL has the "zero degree" on the y-axis (straight up).:2bitchslap:
??? With I2M chrome it reads both GPS gyro and IMU at "0" when vertical.

·
Registered
197 Posts

Green is GRIP POS %

Light Blue is TPS %

Dark Blue is GPS Speed

Do you have Lambda(AFR) readout also? Even with the kit ECU nobody i race with will run 100% TPS vs Real TPS as its too aggressive when you have the bike mapped properly. The feeling of being flat when accelerating comes from the fuel mapping. Stock fuel map adds to much fuel when accelerating and if you're running a Lambda sensor you'll notice the AFR drop to 10-11 every corner exit.

·
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Do you have Lambda(AFR) readout also? Even with the kit ECU nobody i race with will run 100% TPS vs Real TPS as its too aggressive when you have the bike mapped properly. The feeling of being flat when accelerating comes from the fuel mapping. Stock fuel map adds to much fuel when accelerating and if you're running a Lambda sensor you'll notice the AFR drop to 10-11 every corner exit.
I do not have the Lambda, but I can understand what you're saying by the fuel mapping. Right now, it has the Woolrich unlock with a generic fuel map from a highly reputable shop. On pump gas, the throttle is very choppy but when I use U4.4 the throttle pick up is butter smooth (once it opened).

My only complaint is that I feel like the ETV is too far off what I'm asking from the bike. I'm used to a more aggressive throttle, so when I feel this "vagueness" it throws me off. Quite a few times, I would enter corners with a decent amount of momentum but when I went to pick up the throttle to balance the chassis, there was nothing and the the front would over load as I added lean angle. Next lap I would try to be more aggressive with my initial application, but would get a snappy opening that was borderline too aggressive.

Basically all this is going to get fixed with seat time. This was my first real time on the bike, so I'm not going to read too much into all this. I can't change any of it, so I'll work on my riding style and try to improve in other areas.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I do not have the Lambda, but I can understand what you're saying by the fuel mapping. Right now, it has the Woolrich unlock with a generic fuel map from a highly reputable shop. On pump gas, the throttle is very choppy but when I use U4.4 the throttle pick up is butter smooth (once it opened).

My only complaint is that I feel like the ETV is too far off what I'm asking from the bike. I'm used to a more aggressive throttle, so when I feel this "vagueness" it throws me off. Quite a few times, I would enter corners with a decent amount of momentum but when I went to pick up the throttle to balance the chassis, there was nothing and the the front would over load as I added lean angle. Next lap I would try to be more aggressive with my initial application, but would get a snappy opening that was borderline too aggressive.

Basically all this is going to get fixed with seat time. This was my first real time on the bike, so I'm not going to read too much into all this. I can't change any of it, so I'll work on my riding style and try to improve in other areas.
If the bike is a track/race bike it needs a kit ECU, flash is good enough for guys using there bikes on the road and some track days. Once you get the mapping dialed in the bike is quick and with the kit ecu you can modify little things between session to see what you personally like.

·
Registered
197 Posts

You can see that in the lower rpm I restrict the TPS and also the drop in Lambda when accelerating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
If the bike is a track/race bike it needs a kit ECU, flash is good enough for guys using there bikes on the road and some track days. Once you get the mapping dialed in the bike is quick and with the kit ecu you can modify little things between session to see what you personally like.
I'm figuring that out the long way...

You can see that in the lower rpm I restrict the TPS and also the drop in Lambda when accelerating.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I see that, very interesting.

·
Registered
791 Posts
You should also take into account TC, as it kicks in even when you don't think you're loosing rear traction on exits. Smoothing out initial throttle is a never-ending quest on Kawis. ETV maps will definitely help you make it better but the rest you might have to make up with your wrist. If you're abrupt, it will jerk forward a bit. You can help it a bit more with a bit of timing retard at very early throttle position. I didn't bother with the latter. If I am abrupt with the throttle, it tells me my upper body is not relaxed and it's something else, more fundamental, wrong and I don't want to try and fix a symptom. Just like Newf, all my ETV maps have taken the power out at the lower throttle positions, as the bike is harder to ride at 1:1. Another way you'll be able to help the issue you've described is to turn down engine braking, as it will help you enter corners with more momentum and wheels more in line. This should make your exit roll-ons better.

81 - 100 of 291 Posts