Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

61 - 80 of 291 Posts

·
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
How’s that DL gps compare to let’s say the one Moto D makes never used one just wondering which is the best to get.
There’s no comparison. Buy once, cry once...I promised myself never to cheap out on this bike. It’s just not fair to the machine Kawasaki built for us.

·
Registered
220 Posts
MotoD is far inferior to Solo. Not to mention reliability issues.
There’s no comparison. Buy once, cry once...I promised myself never to cheap out on this bike. It’s just not fair to the machine Kawasaki built for us.
MotoD next works great for me. I have the full kit ecu integration on my gen 4. 50hz is really nice. Track coverage is really good. Survived nasty high side with front end impact. touch screen doesn't touch properly anymore and needs replacement ($100 warranty replacement) but otherwise still functions perfectly.

Software isn't that great compared to software like circuit tools but it works.

I wouldn't mind comparing to the solodl but i'm not gonna buy both ;)

·
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
MotoD next works great for me. I have the full kit ecu integration on my gen 4. 50hz is really nice. Track coverage is really good. Survived nasty high side with front end impact. touch screen doesn't touch properly anymore and needs replacement ($100 warranty replacement) but otherwise still functions perfectly.

Software isn't that great compared to software like circuit tools but it works.

I wouldn't mind comparing to the solodl but i'm not gonna buy both ;)
Ah c'mon man, take one for the team!

·
Registered
791 Posts
A buddy of mine bought a MotoD Star timer. He used it three times and now it won't turn on unless it's plugged in. It was never crashed or even dropped. He's very bummed out about it. Granted, all timers have their issues so I am not trying to put MotoD down, as I am reasonably sure this issue is not common. MotoD offered to repair it, I presume for free. My other racer buddy's AiM Solo unit wouldn't register any satellites from time to time and that was a point of frustration. I personally run a Solo DL and it's been nothing but reliable for me. I prefer it because I really like the "predicted lap times" feature, AiM Race Studio software is very powerful--especially since I collect the ECU data. I also like the way it mounts with the powerful magnetic attachment and mounting plate. I bought a couple of extra back plates and put them on other bikes so I can just seamlessly move the timer around.

·
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I'll submit for your consideration....

This actually came off my previous bike, I've just recently adapted it to fit the Kawi.
Who's dash is that?

·
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
I've been racing WERA SE on my 2009 R6. I have been debating going back to a ZX10R. I was at the June 2nd/3rd Road Atlanta.
I had an R6 for a long time and absolutely loved it. I want to trade my built crossplane R1 for an R6 once I get the motor back from KWS.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Here's my solution to the lap timer mounting problem. I had the ignition bracket milled off and custom bracket fabricated. Works very well, as it falls in the line of sight when I need to see either the dash or the lap timer (predicted lap times). Also my go-pro can see the screen of the lap timer so it records videos with lap times and predicted lap times. It makes watching race videos more interesting.

Attachments

·
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Yeah that's my goal but I need to pull my key assembly first...:(

·
Registered
791 Posts
Here's my solution to the lap timer mounting problem. I had the ignition bracket milled off and custom bracket fabricated. Works very well, as it falls in the line of sight when I need to see either the dash or the lap timer (predicted lap times). Also my go-pro can see the screen of the lap timer so it records videos with lap times and predicted lap times. It makes watching race videos more interesting.
You can do that with Woodcraft key eliminator harness or when you go with kit ecu/harness. But I'm sure you knew all this.

I was very annoyed with the key switch bracket being in the way so it felt good to mill it off and make some space for the useful equipment.

·
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
You can do that with Woodcraft key eliminator harness or when you go with kit ecu/harness. But I'm sure you knew all this.

I was very annoyed with the key switch bracket being in the way so it felt good to mill it off and make some space for the useful equipment.
Yeah I'm afraid my setup will require me to look down while running down the straight. I'll look into modifying my upper triple clamp this winter or whenever I have time.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Wow, that's a beautiful little piece I didn't know existed. I really like Zeta products. They're all designed and made in Japan. If I didn't modify my stock one, I would consider this one. I doubt it would make any meaningful handling improvements though.

As far as looking at the timer while riding, I certainly know the importance of keeping your eyes up--so it's important to place the timer so that you can glance at it while keeping your peripheral vision still working. MotoGP riders always look at their dash but it's in their line of sight. With your Solo 2 DL, you can configure lights to indicate split times being better or worse so you can see those with peripheral vision.

·
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Looking at the Zeta unit again, it seems like it might still have the ignition bracket so it's meant more for street bikes than race bikes.
I’ll stick with the stock upper to keep the Superstock nazi’s happy. I’ll pull it after CMP next weekend and get it modified over my summer break.

61 - 80 of 291 Posts