Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

41 - 60 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
I know one of you rich people out there have the Race Kit and manual :grin2:

I'd be glad to scan it for everyone and send it back to you if you can spare it for a few days.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I don't even know how to get a copy or I would have it. Last I knew it wasn't available yet. I tried to order one when I ordered the other race kit parts.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I don't even know how to get a copy or I would have it. Last I knew it wasn't available yet. I tried to order one when I ordered the other race kit parts.
My dealer said it's available, about $20 Part# 99958-0138-01

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Not sure what your dealer's on about, but that isn't the proper part number or price.

I've had mine since 2/3, part number 9924-1509-01, $75. Worth every penny on this bike, with all the electronics.

Ordered it up, and had it in my hands 3 days later from the local dealership. I'd still like a PDF version of the manual, but not willing to carve it up to get good scans. Or send it off to have it scanned and have to do without.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Not sure what your dealer's on about, but that isn't the proper part number or price.

I've had mine since 2/3, part number 9924-1509-01, $75. Worth every penny on this bike, with all the electronics.

Ordered it up, and had it in my hands 3 days later from the local dealership. I'd still like a PDF version of the manual, but not willing to carve it up to get good scans. Or send it off to have it scanned and have to do without.
Not talking about the Factory Service Manual...I too purchased that. We are talking about the manual for the Race Kit.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Not talking about the Factory Service Manual...I too purchased that. We are talking about the manual for the Race Kit.
My bad. Though you were discussing the service manual. I would also like the race kit manual, as I have the ECU and harness, but they only came with the software manual. On my Gen4, the kit ECU came with a manual that included schematics for the kit harness. Was very handy when wiring in my cooling fan circuit.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My bad. Though you were discussing the service manual. I would also like the race kit manual, as I have the ECU and harness, but they only came with the software manual. On my Gen4, the kit ECU came with a manual that included schematics for the kit harness. Was very handy when wiring in my cooling fan circuit.
What is the part number on the software manual?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I believe 99924-1509-01 for the factory service manual, and 99958-0138-01 for the Race Kit Manual.
g-man, thanks I have those 2 manuals but CanyonCarver mentioned a software manual that came with the ECU.

The kit manual does not go into much detail on the kit ecu.

Alan

·
Registered
109 Posts
the new filter is able to support the higher pump pressure of the '16 model.
gino
So the difference is in the tickness of the can to support more pressure? Or in the paper filter? I'm using a kn 303 that is pretty tick...The 2016 oil pressure is more than half than 2011

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,251 Posts
So the difference is in the tickness of the can to support more pressure? Or in the paper filter? I'm using a kn 303 that is pretty tick...The 2016 oil pressure is more than half than 2011
The difference is in the internals - filter element, bypass valve, etc. Has nothing to do with the casing on the outside.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The difference is in the internals - filter element, bypass valve, etc. Has nothing to do with the casing on the outside.
Bypass valve works when the filter is dirty and the oil can't pass through the filter properly. So I guess that could be the problem. But with fresh oil it should be ok

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Bypass valve works when the filter is dirty and the oil can't pass through the filter properly. So I guess that could be the problem. But with fresh oil it should be ok
Why make it so complicated? Just run the right filter. Simple.

41 - 60 of 131 Posts