Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
GP70-R doesnt fit the gen 5. Just a warning. Thanks.
Would you be able to provide a little more info, maybe some pictures? People may want to know the details. SC Project gear is well regarded. Not saying it's necessarily the case but is there perhaps issues with the install or an incorrect part supplied? That's often the case with these sort of things.

I also see this is your first post. Did you join the forum just to give the heads up on this? That can make people a little skeptical.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good looking pipe. I tried to load pics last night but couldn't. An inch too short. Going to work will try again later. Saw a post from 2 years ago, same kinda thing on a Honda. US/EUR model difference,

·
Registered
46 Posts
They probably just screwed up during manufacturing, you try telling the company ? Im sure they are reasonable enough to replace it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have been contacting sc project about this. I wanted to purchase the CR-T from the 2016 gen 5 for my 2013 gen4 and they ARE NOT compatible. So I am assuming if you can find a 2016 and see if the rear passenger pegs help. But long story short you can not buy a gen 5 exhaust for a gen 4 from sc- project.

this is what a 2016 passenger peg looks like can't really tell but might help if compared in person.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have been contacting sc project about this. I wanted to purchase the CR-T from the 2016 gen 5 for my 2013 gen4 and they ARE NOT compatible. So I am assuming if you can find a 2016 and see if the rear passenger pegs help. But long story short you can not buy a gen 5 exhaust for a gen 4 from sc- project.

this is what a 2016 passenger peg looks like can't really tell but might help if compared in person.
Passenger pegs are exactly the same from model 2011 through 2016 and the front subframe too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have sent my exhaust back to Motovation. They are checking into it for me. Last week I sent them pictures. They told me they haven't had any problems like mine. They are going to compare my exhaust to one they have there. RW.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have sent my exhaust back to Motovation. They are checking into it for me. Last week I sent them pictures. They told me they haven't had any problems like mine. They are going to compare my exhaust to one they have there. RW.
Hey man, what was the outcome of the situation, I'm looking into getting the same exhaust. Did motivation mess up or was it fitment problems straight from SC??

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Up and running

So Motovation down in Texas sent a mid pipe to replace my first mid pipe. They (SC project) thought that would do the trick. That didn't work. So then a different can was sent. Was a lot better than the first can. The bracket on the can was welded to far forward on the first can. Still had to ream can bracket about 3/16". Also reamed foot peg bracket about a 1/16". Long story short Motovation is Awesome for working with me. They said I have been the only one with issues so far. I will try to post some pics tomorrow of the second installed pipe that i had to ream. I have installed a couple other cool things since then. The fuel controller and pipe made a nice gain. RW

·
Registered
374 Posts
While I'm over qualified to manufacture and monkey fit any part that can be thrown at my bike, I will not install a brand new out the box part this way no matter how bad I want it.

My OCD will kick in and that shit right there will forever be sitting in the back of my mind. Lol

When it comes to my bikes, when touched, they get treated with precision and as close to perfection as humanly possible.

I commend you for letting that exhaust company off the hook.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts