Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My steering damper is wiggling vertically. In can have 1in clearance over my fork adjusters, but most of the time it's resting on my left adjuster (it even scratched it). How do you tightened this thing? I almost broke my security torx set trying to tighten the bolts, but it seems to be loose on the bolt by design... Anyone else has this issue? Kawasaki told me my bike is not part of the recall.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,970 Posts
You can't tighten them. That's the way it's supposed to be. Leave it alone or you'll damage it.

·
The Pace
7,048 Posts
Not been on a g5 but can report that the damper on a g4 is absolutely not needed; basically stuck on for umbilical psych reasons. On other hand, I can absolutely report that both the 07 r1 and 07 fz1 and a couple slightly earlier cbr's absolutely needed a damper only to assist slightly greater smoothness on hard exits. Even all those bikes did not really need the damper EXCEPT for the 07 r1 as no damper on that baby forced me to keep front up on the exit or the bike had to be slightly slowed to check the sweat factor.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Not been on a g5 but can report that the damper on a g4 is absolutely not needed; basically stuck on for umbilical psych reasons. On other hand, I can absolutely report that both the 07 r1 and 07 fz1 and a couple slightly earlier cbr's absolutely needed a damper only to assist slightly greater smoothness on hard exits. Even all those bikes did not really need the damper EXCEPT for the 07 r1 as no damper on that baby forced me to keep front up on the exit or the bike had to be slightly slowed to check the sweat factor.
Uh....what? Congratulations, you have successfully added zero useful information to yet another legitimate post. Keep it up buddy, you're on a roll :)

·
Registered
718 Posts
My steering damper is wiggling vertically. In can have 1in clearance over my fork adjusters, but most of the time it's resting on my left adjuster (it even scratched it). How do you tightened this thing? I almost broke my security torx set trying to tighten the bolts, but it seems to be loose on the bolt by design... Anyone else has this issue? Kawasaki told me my bike is not part of the recall.

Mine is loose as shit too but its not touching anything. My g4 is not really loose at all, just enough to allow movement. Itlooks like Its all in the mounting bracket. I may try swapping the brackets to see.

·
Registered
220 Posts
i stuck an o ring between my mount and my dampener to keep it from rubbing on my G4. It was rubbing a serious groove into the dampener itself. You can't tighen the bolt and expect the dampener to not be loose, because of the swivel joint used. A little rubber o ring will help keep it from bouncing around loosely, but still allow the movement/play needed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts