Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
If I ever get around to pulling ecu I'll find out lol hope it's like the difference on gen 4 but I suspect that was a bigger gain

·
Registered
34 Posts
A bit misleading as there is more than just a re-flash per the description...

"2016 Kawasaki ZX10R Gen 5 bone stock vs 2016 Kawasaki ZX10R unrestricted, slip on, no catalytic, air filter, -1 front sprocket (Camera bike)"

·
Registered
69 Posts
Reflashing the ecu and removing the muffler box will add extra 15hp to the bike. Flashing the ecu and retaining the muffler box will still add 10hp.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
A bit misleading as there is more than just a re-flash per the description...

"2016 Kawasaki ZX10R Gen 5 bone stock vs 2016 Kawasaki ZX10R unrestricted, slip on, no catalytic, air filter, -1 front sprocket (Camera bike)"
Gearing alone could make that kind of difference.

Title should say "Modded bike beats stock bike" :2bitchslap:

·
The Pace
7,164 Posts
Not confused or whatever but the point is that a test an accurate test solution is to have two same level pros ride both bikes. Results of even that test may not be accurate but far more accurate that the test provided. If you had cams on both dashs showing rev and gear and a third cam showing both bikes your test may be somewhat accurate. So much going on just based upon the evidence presented by your vid.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not confused or whatever but the point is that a test an accurate test solution is to have two same level pros ride both bikes. Results of even that test may not be accurate but far more accurate that the test provided. If you had cams on both dashs showing rev and gear and a third cam showing both bikes your test may be somewhat accurate. So much going on just based upon the evidence presented by your vid.
Omg WTF?
Thats an accurate test. We are both really good riders. As you can see in my other video, my friend got a 10.0 in a bone stock gen 5. Thats even better than the times reported by Kawasaki. The point of the video is so everyone can see how freaking restricted is the 2016 ZX10.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I dont even get this, why do ppl buy superbikes to rolling race how quick they can pull a throttle in a straight line on a road, I get drag racing but this?? what a waste -_-. A bike isnt all about its top HP number its about its power delivery and its internal gearing ratio, geometry, weight distribution etc.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I enjoy this forum...I enjoy the enthusiasm, knowledge and resources shared by fellow motorcycle enthusiasts and racers...but why do some find the need to throw negative into something like this guy having some fun and makes effort to video a live variance comparison between 2 bikes and not just a dyno read.... I appreciated the video and yes, there's always room to pick something like this apart, if someone really has nothing better to do than be a negative ass....There's some guys on these feeds that talk to others like they're the only damn guys out there that knowanything or know how to ride and everyone else is a rookie...Your ignorance is almost humorous. To all those that keep it positive and share your knowledge, and enthusiasm for an amazing bike with fellow enthusiasts...THANK YOU !!!

·
Registered
966 Posts
I enjoy this forum...I enjoy the enthusiasm, knowledge and resources shared by fellow motorcycle enthusiasts and racers...but why do some find the need to throw negative into something like this guy having some fun and makes effort to video a live variance comparison between 2 bikes and not just a dyno read.... I appreciated the video and yes, there's always room to pick something like this apart, if someone really has nothing better to do than be a negative ass....There's some guys on these feeds that talk to others like they're the only damn guys out there that knowanything or know how to ride and everyone else is a rookie...Your ignorance is almost humorous. To all those that keep it positive and share your knowledge, and enthusiasm for an amazing bike with fellow enthusiasts...THANK YOU !!!
I agree who gives af what people do with they're bikes, the title was very clear so if your not interested move along...

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Omg WTF?
Thats an accurate test.
An accurate test to show the difference with a flash would have been two stock bikes with one having only a flash.

The only thing this proves is that a bike with a flash, exhaust, filter, -1 front sprocket can beat a stock bike which is no surprise.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts