Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

2015 ZX10r roadrace build

Gen 4: 2011-15 
3K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  Lanister 
#1 · (Edited)
Everyone has a build thread, but I thought some may find this intresting as I have documented a few of my race bikes on here since I started racing ZX10s

My 2011 ZX10r has been great for me and will stay as a "B" bike. This 2015 ZX10r is being built specific for CSBK rules, and thus cannot have the Aftermarket wheels or calipers like the 11 has.

Specifics:

Brakes:

Brembo 19x18 Master cylinder
Galfer Braided lines
Ferodo Zrac pads
Braketech 310mm iron rotors

Engine:
Work done by Attack performance to meet CSBK HP limits
Hindle slip on Exhaust
Yoshimura case covers
Kit gaskets
K and N air filter

Electronics:
Kit ECU
Kit Harness
Bazzaz Fuel Management
Ballistic battery (to be in on monday)
Dynojet Quick shifter

Bodywork:
Armourbodies

Drivetrain:
DID ERV3 and vortex sprockets

Suspension:
Ohlins TTX shock
Attack linkage
Forks revalved by Willie Vass

Misc:
Woodcraft sliders,Rearsets and brake guard
Vortex Spools
Captive spacers
Attack Clip ons
Motion Pro QT throttle
Cox Radiator Guard

The bike is a 0 km 2015 zx10r that started out a couple of weeks ago like this. It was a serious treat to build a new bike that hasn't seen a mile on the street.

And it came home with a friend. The Green bike is my instructor bike for 2015

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Next it began with a teardown, I pulled the bike down to the frame, suspension, and engine and safety wired what needed to be done. Also changed some fasteners so that I can pull the bike down with a single tool. :

Once the Kit harness and ECU was in the Bazzaz could be installed

#5 · (Edited)
Case covers by Yoshimura. These are nothing special but they are quick and easy to fit. They work well in the event of a crash too. I have the woodcraft covers on the "A" motor and they are the real deal. :

New Spring for the Ohlins shock. **Note, I am trying out the Attack linkage on this bike. I have never used this before, and have used the DK link in my last bike. I will update the thread at some point with my impressions on the differences. So far I like my DK link, and we have alot of setup knowledge with it so I am unsure how this will go***

#6 · (Edited)
New rotors care of BrakeTech, I llike the feel and bite in these rotors. The cast iron definitely gives a performance advantage. Looks sweet as well :0:

Brake pads, I have been using the Ferodo pads for the last 3-4 years. I like the initial bite that the ZRAC offers. It has a front loaded hit and trails nicely:

Bodywork Being fitted. The Armour bodies bodywork is pretty awesome stuff. It is the exact same set that I used on my 2011 and you can drill the holes that are provided in the cutouts without even fitting it. Its that good. No messing around.:

So far we are here with it. The 30th anniversary color scheme was requested by Kawasaki Canada. I really like the looks of it and it defiately scream KAWI!:

I still need to put the Ballistic battery in, New manual damper and the QT throttle.

I'll break in the stock engine in this chassis before putting the Attack motor in. But other than that it is quite nearly complete. I'm looking forward to riding this bike and hope that it brings me as much luck as the last chassis

#10 ·
Where'd ya find the catch can at?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.