Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm from South Africa and as new here as I am to the ZX10R, I'm currently looking it.

I'm a Ninja Boi, and will ambassador Kawasaki every chance I get. My last bike, which I lost 4 years ago, was an 06 ZX636R, which had a smaller shaped tank than the usual models. It also had fuel injection, which had most bikers I knew back then discussing wether it really was an 06 model. For whatever reason.

So now, after 4 years of stagnation, I'm looking to get the 2015 ZX10R. It comes with an aftermarket cannister, and I know the stock exhaust is titanium.

I'll be personally collecting the bike 1200kms away and riding it home, so we can get acquainted without any outside interference.

I would sincerely appreciate any and all advice regarding servicing and maintenance. Also any and all advice, tips and tricks.

I'm not looking to do 100m wheelies and other stunts, since I'd kinda like to keep this bike as prestine as I can.

Sorry for the TMI, I just wanted to provide some background on myself in hopes you'd better understand and be in a position to provide more sound advice and info.

Thanks in advance

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,619 Posts
Welcome to the party!

There's plenty of info out there already on the Gen 4. That model is essentially 8 years old at this point since the initial one came out in 2011. Just so you know, the stock exhaust isn't titanium. Only the header is the titanium part and the muffler is not. The serving and maintenance is in the service schedule and will depend on the mileage of the bike. Enjoy the long ride home and start making it yours for the way you ride!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Flash the ECU if it hasn't already been done. It makes it smoother (no harsh off throttle fuel cut) and gives you the option to change the traction control settings while on the move.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the party!

There's plenty of info out there already on the Gen 4. That model is essentially 8 years old at this point since the initial one came out in 2011. Just so you know, the stock exhaust isn't titanium. Only the header is the titanium part and the muffler is not. The serving and maintenance is in the service schedule and will depend on the mileage of the bike. Enjoy the long ride home and start making it yours for the way you ride!

I meant to say the Headers😅

Thanks a mill for getting back to me though guys, I sincerely appreciate it and I'll post pics soon as I can

1 - 4 of 4 Posts