Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,
i'm facing a problem with my 2014 ZX10r my speedometer change the speed suddenly and goes crazy i'm riding on 120 KM it suddenly goes to 10 KM 15 KM it is reading wrong speed, also my gear indicator some times hanging and not showing which gear iam. any one face this ?

Thanks in advance

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,681 Posts
Welcome!

So, is this an odometer issue? Or a speedometer issue? The 2 things are related, but the thread title is misleading for sure.

Mileage is a calculation of the speed reading over time. There is a speed sensor to do that. If the display isn't correct for that, 2 things could the issue. You've got a bad instrument cluster or you've got a bad speed sensor on the rear wheel. My guess would be the sensor on the rear wheel has something wrong and it's intermittent. That's the first thing I think you should look into. The sensor is faulty, it doesn't have a good view of the sensor ring, the wiring has a problem, etc. Start looking into that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome!

So, is this an odometer issue? Or a speedometer issue? The 2 things are related, but the thread title is misleading for sure.

Mileage is a calculation of the speed reading over time. There is a speed sensor to do that. If the display isn't correct for that, 2 things could the issue. You've got a bad instrument cluster or you've got a bad speed sensor on the rear wheel. My guess would be the sensor on the rear wheel has something wrong and it's intermittent. That's the first thing I think you should look into. The sensor is faulty, it doesn't have a good view of the sensor ring, the wiring has a problem, etc. Start looking into that.
Thanks SkyDork,

thank you for your replay and help, i done clean the sensors but same problem still on plus it start not showing the gear also i don't want to change something and then still have same problem, i was about to change the whole odometer but some guys says as long as it shows the speed it is okay.
that's way i'm so confused.

thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts