Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was really hoping Kawasaki would step it up with the new 2014 Z1000. Instead, they give us yet another 500lb PIG with a wheezing 135hp. Seriously, WHY???
A 10-year old ZX10R still kicks its ass. 100lbs less weight, same torque, and 20% more horsepower. ABS is cool but completely unnecessary. At this point my best choice is to put regular handlebars on an old ZX10R and call it good until Kawi figures it out.....

Helpful tips:

Make it light weight(400lbs)
Make it powerful (150rwhp, 75ft-lbs)
Make it sexy (see ZX10R)
Make it comfortable (see Z1000)
Make it affordable (skip the gizmos)

Would anyone else buy a fresh new hooligan bike from Kawasaki? I know I would!
:helmet:

·
Registered
298 Posts
If its a hooligan bike, make it a hooligan bike. Make it super light, too fast for its own good, and easy to ride wheelies and mess around on.

If it was me, I'd take the engine from a 04-05 zx-10, styling from a ducati street fighter, and ergos from a ninja 1000. And blend it all into one package of goodness.

·
Registered
971 Posts
In other words, a Kawi version of a Tuono..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm just new here. but been studying up on zx10r motor. This Don Guhl can flash your computer and pump it up,for like 275 .00. check out his website guhlmotorsports .com .I was impressed we are starting to run them in dwarfcars . thanks for listening.Rick

·
Registered
718 Posts
I'm just new here. but been studying up on zx10r motor. This Don Guhl can flash your computer and pump it up,for like 275 .00. check out his website guhlmotorsports .com .I was impressed we are starting to run them in dwarfcars . thanks for listening.Rick
Uhm... foreal?

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Uhm... foreal?
Yeah with you Victors...."Foreal" ....if member with 1 posts doesn't even know this is about a Gen 1 bike and Guhl can't do noting to them with a flash that the average person can't do by themselves with a simple Fuel controller then we have to question his posts.....anyway this might be Spam/and or a Site Violation.....and may be deleted plus a BAN soon standby. :wink:

bloo

·
Registered
718 Posts
Yeah with you Victors...."Foreal" ....if member with 1 posts doesn't even know this is about a Gen 1 bike and Guhl can't do noting to them with a flash that the average person can't do by themselves with a simple Fuel controller then we have to question his posts.....anyway this might be Spam/and or a Site Violation.....and may be deleted plus a BAN soon standby. :wink:

bloo
That, plus it's 2.5 years old...

·
Registered
134 Posts
I was strongly considering this class of bike last year.

The Kawi is a heavy pig and is just plain huge.

The Suzuki S1000 was far superior and easily my pick from the bikes I looked at.

Light, awesome awesome engine, and cheap.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry guys : If you would read my post again I said I was studying up on zx10r motors. I am electrically challanged and don't know much about the computers . What i am is a machinist and i make billet oil pans and pickups for suzuki motors . th e dwarfcars need a shorter wider pan for ground clearance. I also fabricate most all the suspension parts for these cars.

So the reason i am here is that i Need a set of cases for a 2011 - 14 zx10r . to use for diminsions to make sure that everything is right. Cases can have rods hanging out or wheat ever. I need at least the bottom case oil pan and oil pump. The motor i was using was a friends and he needed it back to send for rebuild. I have had th e pan scaned and am wirting a program for machining. but need cases for the swinging pickup. I am willing to pay what ever for cases or trade billet parts for it . Thanks Rick 330-221-7024

So this makes 2 posts ,3 more and i will be able to sell on the market place Right?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sorry guys : If you would read my post again I said I was studying up on zx10r motors. I am electrically challanged and don't know much about the computers . What i am is a machinist and i make billet oil pans and pickups for suzuki motors . th e dwarfcars need a shorter wider pan for ground clearance. I also fabricate most all the suspension parts for these cars.

So the reason i am here is that i Need a set of cases for a 2011 - 14 zx10r . to use for diminsions to make sure that everything is right. Cases can have rods hanging out or wheat ever. I need at least the bottom case oil pan and oil pump. The motor i was using was a friends and he needed it back to send for rebuild. I have had th e pan scaned and am wirting a program for machining. but need cases for the swinging pickup. I am willing to pay what ever for cases or trade billet parts for it . Thanks Rick 330-221-7024

So this makes 2 posts ,3 more and i will be able to sell on the market place Right?
I would recommend letting this thread die and open a thread in the Gen4 section. This section is for a completely different bike (Ninja 1000 is not a ZX10R). You will get a lot more from the Gen4 section on your requests.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts