Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
450 thats fuckin weak as shit, i spend that much money on a vett I want no less than 600 ponies.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I was impressed with the C6 when I drove it, so I'm looking forward to this latest development. Some people focus too much on numbers and disregard the driving/riding experience.

Also nice to hear the engine production is coming back to USA. That's American jobs.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was impressed with the C6 when I drove it, so I'm looking forward to this latest development. Some people focus too much on numbers and disregard the driving/riding experience.

Also nice to hear the engine production is coming back to USA. That's American jobs.
That's weak sauce. I had a 7 speed 09 m3. Don't bring driving experience bs in here. 450 is weak. Gt500 put out 600 at the wheels stock.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
0-60 in less than 4.0 seconds. GT-R can do it in 2.9 seconds. Come on America we can do better than this.

·
Registered
468 Posts
That's weak sauce. I had a 7 speed 09 m3. Don't bring driving experience bs in here. 450 is weak. Gt500 put out 600 at the wheels stock.
Okay then..quit whining. Don't buy a Vett...and it will be alright.

I'm tired of your bullshit threads anyway. Seriously, you started this thread and many others just bitch, vent, talk shit. Get a BF already.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Urban I think you're comparing apples to oranges. This is the BASE corvette we're talking about. NOT the Z06, and if you're comparing to the GT-R it would have to be compared to the ZR1. Besides, isn't the 550i a turbo charged v8? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay then..quit whining. Don't buy a Vett...and it will be alright.

I'm tired of your bullshit threads anyway. Seriously, you started this thread and many others just bitch, vent, talk shit. Get a BF already.
You need a role model. Do you need someone to talk to. Be cool baby. Just having fun.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Urban I think you're comparing apples to oranges. This is the BASE corvette we're talking about. NOT the Z06, and if you're comparing to the GT-R it would have to be compared to the ZR1. Besides, isn't the 550i a turbo charged v8? :thumbsup:
All good and all for fun.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Base vette will still demand mid 60000. Is that really a base car at that price.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
This is for the base model engine. I'm not into Corvettes, they're not my style, but I'm pretty sure that's more power than the base model engine makes in the current model.

The engine has a lot of good technology in it. Variable valve timing, direct injection, cylinder de-activation that will be capable of operating in a wider range of operating conditions. All of this is for better fuel economy. I don't think the EPA ratings have been announced, but the real news is probably not really the power rating, but rather the combination of the power rating and the EPA fuel consumption ratings.

A version of this engine - probably not with 450 hp, though! - will also be in the next generation (K2XX) GM pickup trucks. That is where the improved fuel consumption will matter more.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Base vette will still demand mid 60000. Is that really a base car at that price.
and a GTR will net you in the 80s. Z06 price range, which should put you at around 3.2 seconds since it will probably hit 550, up 50 from the previous model just like the hp boost the base model gets. Not to mention you wont break your Vette after 3 2.9s 0-60mph launches on a GTR. America is doing better than that.

Edit: just checked Nissans website and the GTR starts at 96k

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Can you show me a stock vehicle that does sub 4 sec 0-60 times that can be had for $50K?

The 550hp z06 is 75K while the ZR! is 111K with 638hp.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
My z06 only has 385 crank stock so 450 on a base is nice. Although mines a c5 lol. Hopefully this will make c6 costs drop a bit so I can snag one!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Its pretty bad when you whine about 450 horses sitting inside a car that wins car comparisons in all the rags. Cry me a river. Get laid and take a chill pill UL. All good stay fresh broheim. lol.

Edit - plus like other people said, its apples to oranges.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.