Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
On another note, Kawi doesn't usually show anything till the end of the year, so I suspect we have a couple months left before we know or see much. Oooooo, the anticipation!

Ok, thread closed

·
Registered
951 Posts
Bold new graphics. ;)

·
Registered
951 Posts
honestly I am hoping for just this as I just bought a 2013 and don't wanna wish I didn't wait for the 2014:mrgreen:
I hear you on that. I just bought my '12 as a hold over model. I can live Without an electronic steering damper but hopefully there won't be any big revisions until least 2015. Lol. Either way, I love this bike and am not buying another one for a long time.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
I hear you on that. I just bought my '12 as a hold over model. I can live Without an electronic steering damper but hopefully there won't be any big revisions until least 2015. Lol. Either way, I love this bike and am not buying another one for a long time.
I want a GPR damper and they are working on bypassing the ecu for my electronic....Sadly I rather not have the electronic crap, it is good for noobs but not for track

·
Registered
951 Posts
I want a GPR damper and they are working on bypassing the ecu for my electronic....Sadly I rather not have the electronic crap, it is good for noobs but not for track
I think I'm eventually gonna get this ohlins damper revalved, but I like it better than the electronic one I had on my gsxr. I'd rather know how much steering force I need to use all the time, rather than having it keep changing on me. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
I think I'm eventually gonna get this ohlins damper revalved, but I like it better than the electronic one I had on my gsxr. I'd rather know how much steering force I need to use all the time, rather than having it keep changing on me. Just my opinion.
It's good being it will be easier at slow speeds vs one you lock at a tightness you want and risk not able to turn the bike at slow speeds and wrecking.But my problem is that it doesn't get tight enough for me at high speeds like a good aftermarket one.

·
Registered
951 Posts
It's good being it will be easier at slow speeds vs one you lock at a tightness you want and risk not able to turn the bike at slow speeds and wrecking.But my problem is that it doesn't get tight enough for me at high speeds like a good aftermarket one.
See I don't like mine to be that tight, even at speed which is one reason I didn't like my electronic one. I'd rather be able to set it at a medium level and know what to expect all the time. Still, I know with the gsxr that companies like flashtune and ecunleashed IIRC were able to modify the damper controls and be able to tighten them up more than stock. There may be something down the road where you can send the computer for the damper in to get flashed to do the same thing, as if I remember right, the zx damper uses a separate computer from the ecu.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
See I don't like mine to be that tight, even at speed which is one reason I didn't like my electronic one. I'd rather be able to set it at a medium level and know what to expect all the time. Still, I know with the gsxr that companies like flashtune and ecunleashed IIRC were able to modify the damper controls and be able to tighten them up more than stock. There may be something down the road where you can send the computer for the damper in to get flashed to do the same thing, as if I remember right, the zx damper uses a separate computer from the ecu.
yes has a small ecu right next to the bikes ecu on right side of airbox

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
I doubt it will become a 5th gen till 2015.

If anything it will get a electronic shock, the same way it got the electronic damper.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
The 2014 ZX-10R is now on the Kawi website. Doesn't look much different from the Gen 4.....haven't studied the specs.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts