Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

My loving wife has allowed me to release some funds to purchase mods for my 2013 zx10r Black and white. Here is the list just wondering what everyone though of the mods.

• Power Commander V + Secondary Fuel Module
  • K&N Air Fliter
  • Yoshimura R-77D Exhaust (Carbon / Carbon)
  • Driven Sprockets (-1 / +2) (Rear Sprocket Will Have A Solid Inner Ring)
  • Pazzo Levers (Frost White with Red Adjusters)
And have already installed a Rifleman 1/5 Throttle Insert

Lets us know any issues with any of these mods

Cheers

Adam

·
Registered
710 Posts
Woolich Racing > PCV and SFM I would spend less on Woolich and do more.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I would concentrate on fixing up the bike's weaknesses, which aren't many.

Any kind of fuel management system will do you good if you open up the exhaust and also add a higher flow airfilter. I generally steer clear of carbon exhausts, preferring titanium for it's strength and resistance to heat, and (knock on wood) crash damage.

The bike's greatest weakness is its brakes, get some braided lines as the bare minimum, if you can afford it get yourself a more powerful master cylinder. I have Brembo RCS on both the race bike and the road bike. But there are other brands worth noting, ISR, GaleSpeed, PVM, Beringer are all an improvement and are all stunning, but check they can connect to a brake light switch. No point stopping better if the people behind you don't.

The -1 +2 gearing works well on the road, and with the ECU tuned right makes them a lot of fun.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Why PCV? A tuned reflash would be my advice!

Quickshifter
Öhlins Mechatronic
Reflash
Braided brake lines
Gearing
Exhaust
Increase ride height

With these mods you have a much better track bike than the bimmer

·
Registered
790 Posts
Why PCV? A tuned reflash would be my advice!

Quickshifter
Öhlins Mechatronic
Reflash
Braided brake lines
Gearing
Exhaust
Increase ride height

With these mods you have a much better track bike than the bimmer
I had a flash and it made my bike run way too lean.

·
Registered
545 Posts
in order, I would...

1) slip on and link pipe
2) rifleman insert
3) 520 chain and -1/+2 sprocket kit
4) ECU flash / PCV w dynotune
5) basic brake upgrades (stainless lines + Brembo MC)

Ive done almost everything imagineable to my bike and those are the highest 'bang for buck' mods - Im sure most of these guys would agree, although everyone would order them differently... id more like to think of that 1-4 as 'stage one' modifications, maybe addressing brakes in a hypothetical 'stage two'....... cheers and good luck with your ride :)

·
Registered
790 Posts
Take the bike to a tuner who does flashing, tuner reads the afr and does a custom map for that bike.

Teams in BSB superstock do that cause the race ecu ain't allowed
I had already sent out and paid for the Guhl flash before I found out about woolich and ended up getting a bazaaz and custom tune done. The 2 legit tuning shops in my area only tune PC and Bazaaz and didn't have the stuff to tune the ECU directly.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Hi all

My loving wife has allowed me to release some funds to purchase mods for my 2013 zx10r Black and white. Here is the list just wondering what everyone though of the mods.

• Power Commander V + Secondary Fuel Module

[*]K&N Air Fliter
    [*]Yoshimura R-77D Exhaust (Carbon / Carbon)
  • Driven Sprockets (-1 / +2) (Rear Sprocket Will Have A Solid Inner Ring)
  • Pazzo Levers (Frost White with Red Adjusters)
And have already installed a Rifleman 1/5 Throttle Insert

Lets us know any issues with any of these mods

Cheers

Adam
Forget the Air filter, waste of money, and Yoshimura's are for Squid Sleds,

Save the above buck$ and get the Woolich kit.

Sprockets and Levers are :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,868 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
reflash, you can have a custom map with a 2000.00full exhaust and a bone stock 10R with a reflash will still spank you:thumbsup:

....reflash.....or at the very least wire mod.....

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Damn squid...........
Im tired of hearing misconceptions at every single forum about different brands.... from exhausts to entire motorcycles brands.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
^Lmao so true! I love my Yosh, and it sounds great.

I am a huge Akra fan, but I don't like how the shorty looks on this bike, and the full system can is far too long my taste. Too bad because they make a quality product.

·
Registered
545 Posts
^ THIS is how the shorty akra looks ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,868 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Yosh is fine if you are on a suzuki.
The Akro will get you thrown off any legal track, probably one of the loudest slip-ons available.
Also, it's pretty obvious that if you want to have a fast 10r you have to emulate Tom Sykes in every way - Leo Vince or bust.
;)
I wouldn't even bother with levers though, that $ can go to something much more effective - rearsets.
TBH, your best "bang for your buck" would be a few weekends around a road course.....All this bolt-on stuff might look cool at bike nights but what's the point if you can't ride anything beyond a straight line?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts