Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I'm having problem troubleshooting my 2013 zx10r after doing a conversion on a UK spec immo abs base model with a US spec non immo abs model ECU, harness and relay module.

Bike won't start no matter what has been done. ECU just not giving out signals, even a diagnostic tool can't read anything and says ECU not connected. Power supply to signals are all good, ECU power supply is good, but not output from ECU.

The suspect now is the meter as I have not replaced that. EU and US spec meters are a different code but am not certain if its affecting the system.

So question now is, does anybody know if the meter is the culprit or not. I'm in Malaysia and there is close to, if not zero US spec zx10r so no chance of me swapping parts to test. And I don't want to gamble buying a meter just to try and end up finding out that is not the cause of the problem now. The meter isn't a cheap part :frown2:

Any input is much appreciated.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,726 Posts
Hmmm. You went from a Euro-spec model to a US-based version? And you swapped all of the parts like the ECU, the wiring harness, and the relay box? But you didn't swap the ignition switch? :dontknow:

That would be the first thing that needs to be looked into! The immobizer circuit in the ignition switch is likely not completing the path to the ECU and rendering the bike useless. The indicator cluster is not part of that chain and I wouldn't worry about that until I swapped out the ignition switch with a non-immobilizer version to match the ECU and harness that's in there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it’s from a US to EU then the ignition switch will play a major role as the chip has to match the immo system. But from EU to US wouldn’t it be ignorable since the immo system is no longer in play?

I’ve tried by passing the ignition switch and installing a toggle switch but no luck with that too. I suppose that would have minus out the possibility of the switch being the issue?

At least now I know the meter isn’t the culprit ? Can focus on other checking other parts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have now found 2 new probs after further troubleshooting. The bike is missing coolant temp and fuel pump signal hence I suppose the canbus signal is missing some data.

Anybody have any clue what is going on? The only 2 electrical items running canbus to my knowledge is the ecu and meter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts