Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some front suspension settings for my new 13 10R.

I'm a newb when it comes to suspension, thats why i bought the mechatronic rear shock for it (shimmed 10mm), but how is the front suspension with factory settings?
I've only ridden it a few times on the street, but due to cold weather it's difficult to get a feel how it's like...

Planning on doing a trackday next week, so i want the front to be in the ballpark before i go..

With gear my weight is around 80kg/173LBS

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I'm looking for some front suspension settings for my new 13 10R.

I'm a newb when it comes to suspension, thats why i bought the mechatronic rear shock for it (shimmed 10mm), but how is the front suspension with factory settings?
I've only ridden it a few times on the street, but due to cold weather it's difficult to get a feel how it's like...

Planning on doing a trackday next week, so i want the front to be in the ballpark before i go..

With gear my weight is around 80kg/173LBS
You are not much heavier than I (my weight doesn't include gear), hence http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=120496 should help.
Although as you have shimmed the rear, I'd leave the fork tubes in the stock position.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Subscribed.
I'm hoping to dial in my suspension in the coming weeks. I haven't touched it yet and it handles ok. Understeer is quite prevalant and the ride is a touch on the rough side. Braking does not feel unstable or dive-friendly. I do feel a bit of rear-end squat under acceleration but I'd have to look at the shock to see how much. I'm 190 w/o gear, so helmet, boots and jacket probably put me somewhere near 200 lbs.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Might try that one and compare it to stock, but it's to cold on the street right now to really test it...

Does anyone know how many clicks per turn on the preload adjuster?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did a trackday today, a bit rainy in the morning, but dried up in the afternoon.

Tried Quantum sportsrider settings for the forks, but they where on the soft side once starts pushing...
I changed to a more stiffer settings, 3.5turn rebound and 3.5turn compression,
rides really nice now with the öhlins mechatronic:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wow you really look very sleek on how you handled that corner. That is good to hear that you found your desired suspension setting. Stay safe!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow you really look very sleek on how you handled that corner. That is good to hear that you found your desired suspension setting. Stay safe!
Still a newb, but thanks anyway:eek:ccasion1

My next trackday is the 5th july, will try tweaking my front suspension a little more..

Running Power Supersports now, but will change to power cup very soon:mrgreen:

·
Registered
926 Posts
3.5/3.5 sounds about right. I'm @ 3/3, but I'm 200lbs. I'm not a pro, so I don't need fancy front end bling. OEM forks are quite good and more than enough for me.

Looks like you had fun!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did take out some preload yesterday...
6 clicks from full soft, comp 3.5 from full stiff, rebound 3.5 from full stiff.

Bike turns really nice and smooth now:wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts