Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm pulling into the pit after my morning practice session before my race (Sun), and I notice my FI light is on and my TC settings are blinking. I rode the entire day Friday and a 30 min race on Sat with no issues. I rode fide in my first practice session Sun until I got back into the pits. The code that is shown is 32 which is the sub throttle sensor. The code goes off temporarily after I turn the bike off and let it sit for about 15 mins. As soon as I get on pit out and give it full throttle, the light comes back on again. I have a Guhl flashed ecu, a pc5 w/ autotune and quick shifter installed. I uninstalled the pc5 entirely, and the light went away. I checked my connectors and reinstalled the pc5, autotune and quick shifter. The light didn't come on this time until I started my bike. So I go to take it off again and when I lift my tank, the FI light went off and has stayed off. I don't know where to begin with this issue other than taking it to the dealership and having them run a voltage test of my bike. Any help or ideas would be appreciated? I am on the fence about just getting a kit ecu and doing away with this PC5 anyways, but would rather spend the $1500 on racing fees and tires. Thanks.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has turned off with everything hooked back up, but I haven't really ridden the bike since. Just down the street and back.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Get the section of the manual that explains how to check the sub-throttle and do the tests. You will likely have to get some small alligator clips and make some pins to jumper the sub-throttle to the harness. You should be able to find the problem and fix it yourself and use almost all of the money for racing.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get the section of the manual that explains how to check the sub-throttle and do the tests. You will likely have to get some small alligator clips and make some pins to jumper the sub-throttle to the harness. You should be able to find the problem and fix it yourself and use almost all of the money for racing.
Thanks. I'm about to tear it down and run all the test the service manual says.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Mine throttle bodies are 2009 and I have taken off all the sub-throttle mechanism and plugged the holes, if any of those parts will do you any good you can have them for the cost of postage.
David

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine throttle bodies are 2009 and I have taken off all the sub-throttle mechanism and plugged the holes, if any of those parts will do you any good you can have them for the cost of postage.
David
Alright, I will let you know. Thanks. I'm hoping it's just a grounded wire somewhere.

·
Registered
35 Posts
That's where my thoughts were going too.. I would start with the small things and work from there. If you lift the tank and the FI goes away, your tank could pressing against a wire. Make sure the tank seats perfectly, if you feel you have to push it to get the holes lined up it is pressing against a wire. There isn't much space for wires underneath the tank on either sides especially on the ABS model. Check all ground wires like you said, check for damage on all of the wires and that they are routed correctly.
Hope you come right without too much trouble.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So here are my finds so far....

I sent the PC5 and QEM in to Dynojet to have them tested. I called them today and they said the test came back fine on both of the devices. I bought a sub throttle sensor adapter to test the voltage and continuity of the connectors and harness. All the test came out in the normal range, including opening and closing the sub throttle plates. I tested the input and output of the sub throttle sensor as directed by the service manual and checked the grounds and throttle connectors on the ecu plug and all were fine. The only thing I can do now is replace the ecu or the throttle bodies to see if that cures it. I'm leaning towards doing the ecu first since the throttle bodies appear to be in perfect condition. I hope neither of these items went south because the bike only has about 1,000 miles on it. I hope this is not a sign of things to come.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts