Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
I believe they will but you'd need the newer generation wheel spacers on the front wheel because the fork spacing is different and there might be some spacing differences with the rotors to account for.

That being said, I DON'T KNOW for absolute certain but there are multiple threads that describe the exact differences between a 4th gen and a 5th/6th gen wheel specs. You just need to search for them accordingly.

Reactions: scout

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe they will but you'd need the newer generation wheel spacers on the front wheel because the fork spacing is different and there might be some spacing differences with the rotors to account for.

That being said, I DON'T KNOW for absolute certain but there are multiple threads that describe the exact differences between a 4th gen and a 5th/6th gen wheel specs. You just need to search for them accordingly.
Thanks, I just bought the 2022 ZX10R, MY 2013 gave up the ghost at 107,000 miles. So I'm going to be moving things over that will work. Save some money.

·
The Pace
7,294 Posts
Thanks, I just bought the 2022 ZX10R, MY 2013 gave up the ghost at 107,000 miles. So I'm going to be moving things over that will work. Save some money.
I have the '13 with near 110,000 miles. I'm interested in what failed on your's and did you have a past problems with anything engine-wise during the 107k period.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine just seemed alittle hesitant getting on the power. About 5 months before it blew i did a trackday when the yellow shirt waved me to the Pits to tell me some oil sprayed him on his visor. He was right on my ass. I took it to the Kawasaki dealership they serviced it and it felt better until that happend! Take it from me I tracked this bike rode it to work daily trade your in while you still have value !!!! You could easily get 3 to 4 k on a trade. The miles will get you but a trade helps you and someone who can't afford a new one !

·
Registered
905 Posts
What exactly let go in the engine?

·
Registered
905 Posts
What kind of wheels are you looking to salvage from your 4th gen? I wonder if we could find a buyer for those used wheels and you'll have an opportunity to get the correct spec for your Gen 6. I'm still not 100% certain they're transfer over due to the rotor spacing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Carrozerria forged wheels. Thats what I have on the Gen 4. I was going to try then with the 2022 spacers, but in lazy right now. I'm not even done with my break in period.

·
Registered
2014 ZX10R
134 Posts
Mine just seemed alittle hesitant getting on the power. About 5 months before it blew i did a trackday when the yellow shirt waved me to the Pits to tell me some oil sprayed him on his visor. He was right on my ass. I took it to the Kawasaki dealership they serviced it and it felt better until that happend! Take it from me I tracked this bike rode it to work daily trade your in while you still have value !!!! You could easily get 3 to 4 k on a trade. The miles will get you but a trade helps you and someone who can't afford a new one !
I can't help you with the wheels, but that is very impressive mileage for this kind of bike.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Carrozerria forged wheels. Thats what I have on the Gen 4. I was going to try then with the 2022 spacers, but in lazy right now. I'm not even done with my break in period.
Post them up here. Who knows? You might find a buyer, including myself if the price is right. I've been window shopping for used aftermarket wheels since I got my bike new and I've noticed that 4th gen wheel listings have dried up in the last few years. There used to be the occasional set of BSTs or OZs pop up etc. but nothing lately. So there might be a decent pool of buyers out there.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The rear wheel will fit, but the front will not, unless you can get some spacers to space your rotors out wider. You will also need to replace the front rotors with the larger gen 6 rotors and the rotor sensors (the disk for the traction control sensors) for both wheels as the gen six rotors have a different number of cutouts to gen 4 and 5 wheels.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts