·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
That is wild looking, i bet it will be a screamer too

·
Registered
31 Posts
us sales in spring of next year...
that's sweet I thought only the Fr-S (scion version) also NA was gonna be the only FT-86 stateside and the BRZ was gonna be Japan only and turboed...............but i honestly hope i am wrong:dontknow:

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Non Turbo.

·
Registered
357 Posts
a non turbo non awd subie? I'm a Mitsu fan and have owned 2 Evos and even I think thats sacrilege.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Nice, kinda looks like an aston martin

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
The article in Car and Driver says the engine lay out leaves no room for AWD. I think they are looking for this to be what some would call a secretary's car. Sporty and cheap, but not to powerful. Nissan did this with the 240sx, the same could be said for the Toyota Celica.
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2013-subaru-brz-sports-car-prototype-drive-car-and-driver-subarus-engineering-toyotas-deep-pockets-page-1
The base price of 28K (est) sounds like alot for 200hp. If I want a 2dr rwd $30K impport I guess I will keep my 370Z.

·
Registered
29 Posts
For those who don't already know, this isn't designed to be a high HP car. It is designed with twisties in mind. I'm not saying I don't want a turbo in it though. I think a turbo model would be an awesome addition to this platform. Another thing to consider is that the FA 2.0L will have the same engine mounting points as the previous EJ 2.0T and 2.5T motors. I.e. you could do a STI motor swap for those 300 ponies. Lastly, there are no plans for a turbo'd BRZ for the release year.... Subaru hasn't said ANYTHING about the years to come. A turbo'd BRZ could very well be available on the next MY. By the way, you can find alot more info on the subject at www.NASIOC.com in the News & Rumors section.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Yeah but to do all that work just to give it more power? Not even worth it. What made cars like these fun were the goodies you get right out the box and for the price as well. I loved my four door car that could beat the pants off all those 2 door american sports cars and even some exotics. And it still had the that awesome rally platform.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts