Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Just recently purchased this bike as a Christmas/Birthday present and so far I've really enjoyed it. Came with a Graves slip on, and some aftermarket mirrors although I think the stock ones may be better?

This is my first 1000cc bike, previous bike was an 06 636. Looking to maybe put on race rails, PC, and maybe different gearing. Any recommendations? Suspension feels a little stiff so I was thinking about having that adjusted for me as well.

Any suggestions on shorty levers as well?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Looking good in red-black. Before people chime in with recommendations to your questions, what are you using the bike for? Street only? Street and Circuit? Street and strip? For me ASV shorty rocks! But there are a whole host of Chinese levers out there for not much money and are nowadays good enough. PC? no that's real out dated no matter what you use the bike for, get a good flash and tune. G4 gearing depends on use really but even for street I would go +2 on rear.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking good in red-black. Before people chime in with recommendations to your questions, what are you using the bike for? Street only? Street and Circuit? Street and strip? For me ASV shorty rocks! But there are a whole host of Chinese levers out there for not much money and are nowadays good enough. PC? no that's real out dated no matter what you use the bike for, get a good flash and tune. G4 gearing depends on use really but even for street I would go +2 on rear.
I plan on using it mostly for street and the occasional track day. What tuning hardware would you recommend? I was told not to try and push for HP gains because they tend to blow when you try to push them further. Was told they're very reliable otherwise.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Congrats on the new bike! Looking good!

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
For tuning I would recommend Woolich with the race tools setup. If you decide to do trackdays you might want a stiffer bike setup. They will probably have a suspension guy at the track. For gearing I would recomend at least a +2 rear. I always ran a -1, +2 (16, 41). Try to avoid chinese products if possible. I would recommend using Vortex, CRG, or stock levers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For tuning I would recommend Woolich with the race tools setup. If you decide to do trackdays you might want a stiffer bike setup. They will probably have a suspension guy at the track. For gearing I would recomend at least a +2 rear. I always ran a -1, +2 (16, 41). Try to avoid chinese products if possible. I would recommend using Vortex, CRG, or stock levers.
I went ahead and got ASV C5 Shorty levers, dont like the full levers. Also ordered racing rails. Seems everyone goes with -1, +2 for gearing. 🤔

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
On your racing rails make sure they aren't too low!! Some of them will drag at the track. I just used Woodcraft frame sliders.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On your racing rails make sure they aren't too low!! Some of them will drag at the track. I just used Woodcraft frame sliders.
I ordered them from OnPoint, same company I went with for my cage and subcage for my stunted out 636. Hopefully they are just as good 💁‍♂️

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Doesn't matter about quality. Its about to design. If they are too low and drag you will low side. You never see race or track bikes with race rails. You have to build your bike based on what you want to do.
I ordered them from OnPoint, same company I went with for my cage and subcage for my stunted out 636. Hopefully they are just as good 💁‍♂️

1 - 10 of 10 Posts