Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new Kawa and I love it - attached. Bought with just 1181 miles so quite new. I already managed to tweak the front cowl and tank a bit though. Ordered a Carbon Fiber nose which is on the way.
Super fun so far and I have yet to do some upgrades. I went to shop for a slip-on and the gent told me about the site. The site is great. I've learned a lot and appreciate all the members have contributed.
I seek to flash the ECU, Slip-On, Air Filter, sprocket, 1/5 throttle, tires, etc. I would appreciate any suggestions any members may have. :) :thefinger_red:

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!
yes I'm in South Florida on the beach. The only reason is I want to have more acceleration on the lower end. I have not tried it and I not too concerned about giving up a little on the higher end.. higher speeds. Who knows I may not like it and go back. We'll see...

·
Registered
250 Posts
I recently purchased a 2011 with a few upgrades. Unless you race there's no point in doing anything like that, this bike is pretty fast with ecu, tune, pipe and filter. It will make a big difference. Just my 2 cents. Enjoy! It's a gorgeous red rocket, I love the new paint schemes. I might change mine up.
Where did you order the carbon fiber pieces from?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought it at www.TEKARBON.COM (I hope this doesn't break rules to suggest sites) It's 2x2 Twill. I like the look more than I thought I would. I'll have it on in the next day or two. Perhaps I will post a new pic then too. Thanks for the comments. :thefinger_red:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Beware the carbon fiber! It's an addiction!

I planned on ordering just a piece or two... yeah, didn't go that way. Ended up ordering everything all at once so pretty much everything on my bike is carbon fiber (sans the wheels, which will be coming soon).

Tekarbon makes good quality stuff, I have a lot of their stuff on my bike. Beware with the CF stuff, not everything lines up correctly; some adjustments may have to be made like trimming tabs, dremeling holes making them wider, etc. If you do have to make adjustments, go slow, little by little. That time spent will go a long way when everything fits together perfectly.

Also, if you want to flash your ECU, I do offer an ECU flashing service. You can read more about it my sponsor forum here; http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=218786

If you're interested, drop me a line there or shoot me a PM!

Finally, welcome to the site!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Beware the carbon fiber! It's an addiction!

I planned on ordering just a piece or two... yeah, didn't go that way. Ended up ordering everything all at once so pretty much everything on my bike is carbon fiber (sans the wheels, which will be coming soon).

Tekarbon makes good quality stuff, I have a lot of their stuff on my bike. Beware with the CF stuff, not everything lines up correctly; some adjustments may have to be made like trimming tabs, dremeling holes making them wider, etc. If you do have to make adjustments, go slow, little by little. That time spent will go a long way when everything fits together perfectly.

Also, if you want to flash your ECU, I do offer an ECU flashing service. You can read more about it my sponsor forum here; http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=218786

If you're interested, drop me a line there or shoot me a PM!

Finally, welcome to the site!

Thanks! I can fell the CF addiction coming on already. We'll see. Very Good info on the Flash, much appreciated. :zx_red::ayyy:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's been a short while but a little update on mods I've made so far. Since I was most interested in performance gains and upgrading the exhaust. I chose to do a ECU Flash, Race Air Filter, and the LeoVince exhaust. Ace performance tuned it for me.
The Cat is gone finally. It sounds great and performs beyond my expectations.
Here is the carbon fiber nose as well and new spools.
back rear.jpg

Carbon Nose.jpg

Leo Exhaust..jpg

·
Registered
111 Posts
Great looking scoot!

+1 on the CF. It's a serious addiction. On my GSXR, I started with just wanting 2 pieces, I ended up with 9 and a nice dent in my savings account. When done right, the stuff looks amazing though!

·
Registered
636 Posts
I love that pipe! Nice ride man

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't know about using the race air filter and all that beach sand, but am digging the rest of the mods. That RED is sweet!

Yeah, I do like the Red a lot now. I wanted Green at first but this deal was too good to pass up. The sand is from Gilberts Resort... we did a Key Largo Run on Sunday. The parking lot had a little water and sand around since it's next to the water.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey if anybody has good a good suggestion for a fender eliminator or under tail I would welcome your input. At this point I like the Hotbodies Under tail as far as looks are concerned and may very well just get it. I've read this site, other webpages, and looked at YouTube as well about the fitting issues etc. but I may just go with it and deal with what may come. As it is now reminds me of of like a full flaps extended on a plane or something a speed vehicle throws out to increase drag etc. It's just not appealing...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Red ZX10R (March 2015)

Here is a recent Pic. Did a Flash to the ECU and Street Tune, racing air filter, exhaust, carbon nose, new front signals, no mirrors, new tires, Vortex Sliders, new levers, bought HotBodies tail eliminator but not installed yet. -1 in front and up 2 in back so a lot more torque which is fun. I will get new grips, and a new windscreen too soon. Also, carbon Velocity Stack is in the way too. Super Fun Motorcycle!

3.28.2015 moto .jpg

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Guys, I just wanted to show you how the bike is now. I put on a new windscreen, which for me works a lot better over 100. Then since I never really have a passenger I put the rear cowl on as well. Although I like the LeoVince exhaust I'm probably going to sell it so I can get a Two Brothers and remove the other rear foot peg as well. Any suggestions you may have are welcome.

Attachments

·
Registered
355 Posts
If you never have a passenger, get rid of the passenger pegs. Get a purpose built exhaust hanger, too. I like the one that Akrapovich makes, it's carbon fiber so it would fit in with your carbon nose and exhaust.

Don't buy a two-brothers exhaust. They're not very well made. If you really want a low mounted carbon, I'd suggest Graves or M4. I have a Graves slip on and I like it. I think your Leo exhaust looks great on the bike.

Regarding the undertail, I just bought a Vortex plate mount and installed the euro-style turn signals from Motodynamics. I was going to cut the turn signal brackets off the plate mount but I don't ride this bike on the street any more so I didn't bother. It has race body work on it now. Here it is in street trim

Attachments

·
Registered
581 Posts
if you never have a passenger, get rid of the passenger pegs. Get a purpose built exhaust hanger, too. I like the one that akrapovich makes, it's carbon fiber so it would fit in with your carbon nose and exhaust.

Don't buy a two-brothers exhaust. They're not very well made. If you really want a low mounted carbon, i'd suggest graves or m4. I have a graves slip on and i like it. I think your leo exhaust looks great on the bike.

Regarding the undertail, i just bought a vortex plate mount and installed the euro-style turn signals from motodynamics. I was going to cut the turn signal brackets off the plate mount but i don't ride this bike on the street any more so i didn't bother. It has race body work on it now. Here it is in street trim
:+1:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts