Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
261 - 261 of 261 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
It makes for a very long day, but with the bike stripped down to this point you can throw in the PCV, and take care of the ABS plumbing while you can get at at.

This is the point you need to get to if you are installing a PCV or replacement throttle cables... a right pain in the ass. By this stage I have already ripped out the forward braking system, both tubes that run along the top of the frame either side are gone, the original brake master cylinder has been dumped rather unceremoniously on the ground. Throttle at this stage is still the stock item, but you need to pull off the throttle bodies to get to the damn things, at this point I plugged in the TPS for the PCV as well (black plug on the right of the throttle body. You can see the sliver block bottom left which is the ABS servo, all lines (2 front, 2 rear) have been removed. At this point I also ripped out all the rubber matting that sits over the rocker cover and gearbox. It's only there for sound deadening, but it's dead weight so it must go.

While I would love to rip out the ABS servo and throw it in the trash, these bikes go into a rather annoying fault where it won't rev over 10,000RPM if you remove it, so in it stays, all worthless dead weight.

Should I ever have a need or use for it, I filled the output ports with silicon, this is easy to remove and keeps crud out of the ports. And was my best option as suitable grub screws were to hard to obtain in the right thread.

Oh how I wish someone would develop a plug that will let you get rid of it.

Probably one of the best improvements you can make to the ZX10R... rip the ABS out, put braided lines on it and get a decent master cylinder.
It makes for a very long day, but with the bike stripped down to this point you can throw in the PCV, and take care of the ABS plumbing while you can get at at.

This is the point you need to get to if you are installing a PCV or replacement throttle cables... a right pain in the ass. By this stage I have already ripped out the forward braking system, both tubes that run along the top of the frame either side are gone, the original brake master cylinder has been dumped rather unceremoniously on the ground. Throttle at this stage is still the stock item, but you need to pull off the throttle bodies to get to the damn things, at this point I plugged in the TPS for the PCV as well (black plug on the right of the throttle body. You can see the sliver block bottom left which is the ABS servo, all lines (2 front, 2 rear) have been removed. At this point I also ripped out all the rubber matting that sits over the rocker cover and gearbox. It's only there for sound deadening, but it's dead weight so it must go.

While I would love to rip out the ABS servo and throw it in the trash, these bikes go into a rather annoying fault where it won't rev over 10,000RPM if you remove it, so in it stays, all worthless dead weight.

Should I ever have a need or use for it, I filled the output ports with silicon, this is easy to remove and keeps crud out of the ports. And was my best option as suitable grub screws were to hard to obtain in the right thread.

Oh how I wish someone would develop a plug that will let you get rid of it.

Probably one of the best improvements you can make to the ZX10R... rip the ABS out, put braided lines on it and get a decent master cylinder.
Hi I have had to do this very build and am having some problems. At 10k rpm I’m experiencing this same fault, I did source a new module but upon fitting and testing it hasn’t worked and found I was sent the module for a 2016-19 bike. Do you know if I obtained the correct abs module would this likely cure the problem? Thank you

261 - 261 of 261 Posts