Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
241 - 260 of 261 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Loving the 2nd paint job, that color is it. As for the lower right fairing, did you cut a hole in it to see those BA headers? Nice work!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #242 ·
The hole in the fairing was out of necessity, the race system (or more precisely the springs and tabs) on there put pressure on the belly pan and put two craters onto the original black/green version of the bike.

So when I had to get the thing resprayed after the paint work went cloudy I had them put a hole in there, in hind sight I may have gone with a slightly different shape that follows the pipework more closely. But at the time the bike was at home the fairings at the shop and I was away for work. But no matter, the point was to stop the exhaust setting the bike on fire.

The colour... well, bit of a custom mix, it falls somewhere in between the Gunmetal of the 05 ZX10R, the original front guard of the 2012 ZX10R, 2016 MV Agusta F4RR, Triumph Speed Triples and the Mercedes Benz Formula 1 race cars. Depending on how the light hits it, it looks completely different.

·
Registered
12 Posts
HI,TurboR1 your bike its fantastic! Have you measured the end weight of project?How mutch lighter now your bike?
I experienced now with homemade carbon fiber footpeg,planning make a long road test with im in summer .
Can you help me with your throttle body? I want to use 4.gen and upper t.b. on my project.Its cheap on the ebay,but i must know the exact measurement of this distances: On the first page,post no 10 i see your throttle bodys down/engine side.The butterfly valve 47mm diameter,than the end of t.b. must be too 47mm.?(i am sure 99% the bore at the end 47mm,but i need the exact number)Than i must know the distance between bore centerline(centerline of 47mm=23,5mm) to next bore centerline.(Between bore 1-2, 2-3, 3-4.)Please,if you have the time,please measure this for me.
Thank you for help.

Attachments

·
Registered
615 Posts
Do you have more pictures of your rear subframe and tail cowling setup? Interested in how you made a street legal tail on a race subframe... your older pictures won't load... thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #249 · (Edited)
Haven't been online for quite some time so have missed a few PM's and messages in here.

Right now I don't have access to the bike and the likelihood of taking off the air box is slim.

As for the tail, I'll have a dig through some photos, also you may be able to get a decent view of it in the latest FASTBIKES Magazine. April 2017, it's featured there this month...

·
Registered
615 Posts
Thanks brother. I'll probably buy the same uppers and lowers before I leave Japan, I think I found someone that can build me a subframe that supports superstock and factory tails. Seeing your bike makes me want to spend money! Hahahah cheers bro!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #252 · (Edited)

·
Registered
615 Posts
Sell me your rims and you're on your way to new ones ;) hahahah! That swingarm is pure sex!!! I still have ohlins and Brembo bits along with ABS removal up front to get through before I want do anything else.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I know this is old but how much did these headlights set you back?

I am going to build a road legal race bike and these will come in handy. Thanks :D

Actually, OP- where'd you find those? Entertaining the idea of getting a set of track fairings to turn into race skins as well.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #257 ·

·
Registered
11 Posts
Really nice work! Keep it up

I also started this year with my Kawasaki zx10r endurance build. But I didn't went so far as yours.
Would like to have to complete package but it would be to pricy for me. So I ended here on my project :smile2:

Attachments

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #259 ·
Long time no update,

I ended up going the Gold Marchesini rims and finally got the thing around a race track again.

It's been 5 years since I last rode on the track and it showed. Braking markers, tip in points all forgotten. Corner entry speed rubbish, mid corner speed worse. Older, fatter, no more riding fitness.

At least the bike looks good.

http://www.sportpixxmedia.com/photos/MCRCWA%2021-4-19%20%200868.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
706 Posts
Long time no update,

I ended up going the Gold Marchesini rims and finally got the thing around a race track again.

It's been 5 years since I last rode on the track and it showed. Braking markers, tip in points all forgotten. Corner entry speed rubbish, mid corner speed worse. Older, fatter, no more riding fitness.

At least the bike looks good.

http://www.sportpixxmedia.com/photos/MCRCWA 21-4-19 0868.jpg
One of my favorite bikes for sure. Wheels are spot on.

241 - 260 of 261 Posts