Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
221 - 240 of 261 Posts

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Looking forward to the latest updates!how are you going with the heat and fires in W.A?up untill 2 weeks ago its been the hottest and dryest I have seen in Bendigo Vic!days consistently around 39°c wears you down,had some nice rain and cooler weather of late.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Looking forward to the latest updates!how are you going with the heat and fires in W.A?up untill 2 weeks ago its been the hottest and dryest I have seen in Bendigo Vic!days consistently around 39°c wears you down,had some nice rain and cooler weather of late.
Jeez. It seems unimaginable for me. Being in the uk with current tempuratures hovering around 0c at night. Im desperate for some warm dry weather coz i cant even ride my bike with this weather

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #226 ·

It's been really nasty, we lost the whole town of Yarloop, small but a lot of history and lives were also lost. All due to lightning setting the place off.

I drove through there about a fortnight after, and it still looked like a warzone, nothing left standing, everything black and quite depressing really.

We're just about to have a week solid of temperatures over 40 degrees (that's over 104F for those playing in the USA) and again the area is engulfed in flames, this time though some low life scum has set it off deliberately.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Is the conversion correct..? Is that tail section $4800USD?! Aint no way...

Reactions: jr0065

·
Registered
131 Posts
Haha, I'm not sure what you typed in, but 32,000JPY is about $280USD
Christ mate I about had a heart attack, and was going to ask you for a job. - I just copy and pasted whatever yiddish was on that page into google, I think it was giving me chinese yen looking at it now. :spit:

Thanks for the tips fellas, I'll try local if I go that route.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Jeez. It seems unimaginable for me. Being in the uk with current tempuratures hovering around 0c at night. Im desperate for some warm dry weather coz i cant even ride my bike with this weather
Its getting warmer now, even up here in the north!!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #233 ·
There is a fuse for the ABS. Just pull it and it gets rid of it!
By simply pulling the fuse, yes you disable the ABS, but you are still left with a lot of plumbing and fluid that is dead in the system.

The amount of braking performance that is lost in this system is heart breaking at best, and deadly at worst.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #234 ·
Well, time for an update. Last summer the UV from our sun ravaged the Carbon finish on the tank and also attacked the clear coat on the paint.

Turns out there was a warranty on the paint as the batch and application had an issue. Plus side for me it wasn't much to get it repainted.

I decided however to go a different colour, something brighter and harder wearing. While at it I also got a longer rear brake line and finally got around to fitting it all up.

So now...

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #237 ·
Huge difference in cooling, takes a lot longer to heat up sitting at lights and once you get going again the temperature just plummets.

Was out riding yesterday, the missus on her CBR1000RR (stock), only cruising and at the lights she was reading 100 degrees C. I was still sitting on about 80.

For our US brethren, I don't know what that is in Fahrenheit, lets say 8000 and 4000?

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Forget my question!Magical racing!Dont get me wrong they look great I just wish they would supply them with l.e.d flasher as a option

221 - 240 of 261 Posts